ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RS3 or M4?

Which car

• Rs3

Votes: 40 30.3%
  • M4

Votes: 92 69.7%

• Total voters

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good! Decent spec too. Welcome to M3 ownership - where your wallet is always empty.

F82 M4
Cheers folks :smile: I've always said back in the day that I'd never drive an automatic however I can now safely say I'll never drive a manual again :smile: it's effortless!

The flappy-paddles are awesome as well

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'm undecided on the plate surrounded, the ones you have certainly aren't offensive like some I've seen. Can plate be fitted to that model without a surround?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's already very gangster with the white and black. I'd try and normal it up with normal plastic plates with the GB thing at the side.

535d / t5 caravelle
I like the plates and surrounds.

Its just the rest of the car looks s**t.............

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Clio 197
No on the surround and pressed plates. The latter make the car look cheap for lack of a better word. Gel plates would have been much better.

An orange one
Just catching up on this! Welcome to F8x ownership!

On the plates and surrounds I’d probably say no... have you many plans for it?

TTRS & V50
Surrounds and pressed plate looks s**t.

As you have a private number plate, I like standard look plates, without writing and shortened.

Like the below, but a bit more padding left and right.

IMG_1787.jpg

F82 M4
Yeah I'm thinking of sticking standard plates back on tbh, not cut down though, I'm really not a fan of those ones! I've just put the M spoiler on and it looks too gangster with the number plates haha :)

Quick question folks. Is there a particular reason my M4 costs more to insure than every other M4 I've seen on Pistonheads? If I literally use the number plates on all the other M4's in the photo's it's like £200 cheaper a year. I put my number plate in and it's higher, still a good price but higher none the less. Can anyone explain?

An orange one
Get a painted rear diffuser for a cheap mod that massively improves the rear end...

I got one as a stop gap, until I went carbon fibre, and then just never went carbon fibre as I love the clean look of the black one!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cut down plates are horrible and so chav. Really can't beat standard in my opinion... I used to have metal pressed ones on my French cars and it looked okay for the time I guess but not sure I'd do it again.

F82 M4
Get a painted rear diffuser for a cheap mod that massively improves the rear end...

I got one as a stop gap, until I went carbon fibre, and then just never went carbon fibre as I love the clean look of the black one!

Just catching up on this! Welcome to F8x ownership!

On the plates and surrounds I’d probably say no... have you many plans for it?

Sorry mate only just saw your first message :smile:

No real plans at the moment. I've just put the genuine M spoiler on and it already has the genuine carbon fibre diffuser. I guess I'm tempted with the front splitter, but think I'm definitely going back to standard plates at some point. Those metals one's were only £20 anyway.

I'm very tempted with the Lichfield remap, £720 for 515bhp! It can barely put the power down as it is :smile:

http://www.litchfieldmotors.com/bmw/m4

Your car looks absolutely awesome by the way :cool:

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Normal plates and no surround.
Virtually every BMW M car I ever see has something done to the plates, if it's not crap tinting, it's crappy spacing. It makes them look bad.

It's strange you should say that.. I just have zero plates that are fully legal.

Possibly an option for the OP?
IMG_7713.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
Sorry for lack of response guys, been crazy busy! And having loads of fun! :wink:

So I picked it up last Wednesday and I must say, what a machine! I can't explain how nice it is, just everything feels so premium. You really can tell that it's technically a £60k+ car.

So it has most of the optional extra's, Harmon Karmon sound, Head's up display, Carbon interior, Carbon rear diffuser, DCT gearbox etc. The only thing it doesn't really have is the rear spoiler, front splitter and reversing camera. I'm definitely getting a rear spoiler though, not too fussed about the other bits. I paid £34,900 and it's done 31,000 miles.

On the road it's crazy. RWD is so arse clenching, makes everything so fun :smile: I was worried about the sound before buying it but I can honestly say it sounds absolutely incredible, proper throaty and mean. At the end of the day a 3.0 twin turbo never was going to sound too bad :smile:

Few early pics

bsMXea3.jpg

4m7hzfc.jpg

eZjMXVp.jpg

L9ZPHku.jpg

H7JZghK.jpg

Awesome mate. It was a decision between a fast car, and a DRIVERS car, proper petrolhead car wins. RS3 not even comparable.

Enjoy, it looks great.