ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS6 Gone now back in a Evo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
i didnt say it looked poo i said rotas are poo... why spend thousands on quality parts like your old evo had... then stick cheap bad quality copy's of expecive wheels!??

and im sure i saw your evo the other week!! i think it was near bournemouth?

See your point. The wheels came with the car and the Rotas on the black Evo looked awesome hence the purchase. Nothing was wrong with the finish in my eyes on those.

Sorry fellas but i still hate the RS6 :rasp:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I like the evo. Looks a bit bland with no spoiler like an omega but it looks nice i think.

RS6:(

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
That looks excellent as is, especially minus the spoiler.

What do you do for a living?

A bit off topic, but you seem to be the resident Evo' expert. I'm thinking of getting one in the new year but unsure as to the exact differences between 7 & 8. People seem to refer to the 260 as a 7 in 8's clothing as if it's a bad thing. Any ideas?

I can understand getting rid of the RS6, wouldn't be a car id buy.

Love the de-spoilered look on the evo too.

Si

RS Clio 172
how can someone that can't spell the word corners ever manage to afford an rs6?

this world confuses me at the best of times.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
how can someone that can't spell the word corners ever manage to afford an rs6?

this world confuses me at the best of times.

It's called a mistake numb nuts!

If these are the kind of things you worry about matey you have bigger issues!

Further more, what's spelling have anything to do by being able to afford a RS6?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't worry. There are people on here who are making comments on cars that they will never own and don't even know what it feels like to sit in one let alone drive one! CLIOS RULE! ;)

Lovely car the RS6, shame you didn't get along, if you go for a car that size again i think you'd find an E39 M5 more to your liking :)

To be honest i'm not someone who "gets" the evo/scooby thing, but i like the look without the spoiler (personally i'd put i nice little lip spoiler on it) and i like the way the new bumper highlights the wheelarches - reminds me of the ur-quattro

looking forward to the finished item

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Now the E39 M5 is a very good car! Far better than the RS6!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Id go offer £3k more and buy your 7 Back TBH ;) Loved that car, My fave evo, Like it more than Norris' and all the other big dogs on MLR was just perfect!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Im not a fan of the RS6 either, automatic barge thats altogether pretty boring.
I had a shot of a 550bhp one, twas fast but did nowt for me.

Liking the new brief Ant, going to spill the beans with your plans?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Id put the original spoiler back on imo

Nice mate, is she running the standard 320 (for now dare i say)

Did/have you ever owned a 400?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Owned a FQ400 which was ok. This is being mapped at the weekend so it will give me 400bhp + 400ib/ft of torque.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i hate you, i want your job lol car looks nice kinda like the no spoiler look witch i didnt think i would on a evo.

Flame Red Delight
would agree about the spoiler, front bumper looks sweet not sure about the rear and the lights

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dont evo's spin stupidly easy at high speed without the spoiler?? sure i seen a few vids of evo's with no spoiler spinning out at high speeds....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
shame the RS6 didnt work out, i always wondered if it would be a bit of a tank in corners, straight line must be awesome though!!

will watch the evo plans with interest

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL of course you are.................

Looks much better without the spoiler!

I got flamed in the JDM thread for posting pictures of them.

Now you're all coming out ;)

Ant - You really should never have sold the black one. :dapprove:

REALLY

RS RIP
dont evo's spin stupidly easy at high speed without the spoiler?? sure i seen a few vids of evo's with no spoiler spinning out at high speeds....

Yep the spoiler is'nt there for the looks ! ofcourse you'll be in trouble with lack of downforce ! The expensive RS6 will ook after you (enginemanagement-wise esp abs and all that ) to keep you on the road; Audi have invented the safe brutal horsepower cars.

the evo without a spoiler will be the most fun because it will be undriveable going the limit

Havent driven a RS6 or an Evo but a friend had a Evo 6 TME (about 18months old it was) with HKS exhaust etc and it was the fastest thing I've been in (bar a bike). Cornering ability was on a different planet. Get the impression the RS6 would be pretty heavy in comparison.

why does the evo need the spoiler so badly? Faster cars like an M3 or RS4 are more stable than the evo as speed with practically nothing....

awaits flaming :)

I can see why you got rid of the RS6, too big!
RS4 would be more my cup of tea.

I personally don't like the kit on your new evo and think it looks wrong without a spoiler, your old one was gorgeous though!

If I was you i'd of gone for:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/769769.htm

600bhp and looks abit like your old one!

There was a 500bhp white 9GT with white wheels that was gorg too, but I cant find it !

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I can understand why you'd want rid of the RS6 as it was an Audi from the 'lack of any feedback whatsoever' generation ... but unless your doing some heavy 're-standardising' of that Evos bodywork, i cant understand why you'd want to drive something that, in that guise, looks like a chavs wet dream :S

Evos are great, but standard bodywork FTW