ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS6

Clio 172
Haven't been around much lately, thought I'd pop back and show what I bought a few months ago.

I wanted a second fast car, budget was always changing, I looked at a lot of things, but not a great deal rocked my boat, or felt like too much money for what it was.

I ended up with this, more of an accident than anything else.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447751623.506950.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447751690.024116.jpg

Painted some of the chrome bits black:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447751710.088040.jpg

Please excuse the awful photos, just realised I have taken hardly any!!

4.2 V8 twin turbo, nice spec, and got it a fair bit cheaper than what's for sale at the time. Very capable car, goes like the proverbial off the proverbial shovel.

Clio 172
Nice. Hows the gearbox?

Har har.

Perfectly fine (surprisingly), for the money I got it for I was expecting it to go bang. I got it serviced a few months ago, that normally causes them to show their wear and slip but it came back faster, and gear changes are smooth and solid as anything. Done a few launches and it held its own, so I'm hoping it will last me a while yet!

Yeah 450bhp, for a barge it does half go, and goes around bends better than I expected too. Quattro of course helps.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I feel for you.... The words 'gearbox' and 'DRC' (technically not a word but you know what I mean) will constantly be in the back of your mind everytime you start it.

Epic car tho. Wrong colour but there is definitely something about them. Get it mapped and then you can add 'turbos' to your list of things to worry about lol

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Haha.
The DRC is electronic and fails at some point so most people just tend to fit coilovers as they are less than half the price of a new DRC system.

I love the fact that they used a completely different block to allow for the torque converter, no none of the manual boxes fit. I saw a thread where I guy did a manual conversion by swapping the complete block IIRC.
Fingers crossed it holds together nicely, epic car as long as trouble stays away.

Clio 172
Haha.
The DRC is electronic and fails at some point so most people just tend to fit coilovers as they are less than half the price of a new DRC system.

DRC on these are more a mechanical/hydraulic system, no electronics involved. The valves start to leak, and it's expensive to get the kit recharged. Thankfully, this already has coilovers, to the sum of £1500!

Plus, the gearboxes ain't as bad as people would make you believe, there's plenty of cars out there will high miles, mapped their whole lives and still on the standard box.

The fact I was getting about 200 miles from a £100 tank killed me for a little bit, now I don't reset the trip so I don't notice :(

I love the fact that they used a completely different block to allow for the torque converter, no none of the manual boxes fit. I saw a thread where I guy did a manual conversion by swapping the complete block IIRC.
Fingers crossed it holds together nicely, epic car as long as trouble stays away.

People have done manual conversions, but it's a figure of 15+k I believe..

Awesome cars when tuned, loved mine but I had enough after pumping almost 10k into her.

These cars will go wrong, it's a question of when....

View attachment 140890

Lovely car that mate! I do like an avant, but I didn't pay avant money so really cannot complain.

I've gone into this with my eyes wide open, we shall see how well it behaves!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
DRC on these are more a mechanical/hydraulic system, no electronics involved. The valves start to leak, and it's expensive to get the kit recharged. Thankfully, this already has coilovers, to the sum of £1500!

Plus, the gearboxes ain't as bad as people would make you believe, there's plenty of cars out there will high miles, mapped their whole lives and still on the standard box.

The fact I was getting about 200 miles from a £100 tank killed me for a little bit, now I don't reset the trip so I don't notice 😧

People have done manual conversions, but it's a figure of 15+k I believe..

Lovely car that mate! I do like an avant, but I didn't pay avant money so really cannot complain.

I've gone into this with my eyes wide open, we shall see how well it behaves!

Sounds like you got it cheap, I paid 5k for mine from a trader who got the car from a auction. Car drove fine cold,
Once warm wouldn't engage reverse, hence the price....

Clio 172
Sounds like you got it cheap, I paid 5k for mine from a trader who got the car from a auction. Car drove fine cold,
Once warm wouldn't engage reverse, hence the price....

I paid a couple of grand more than you, and apart from a couple of niggles it's fine, drives perfectly straight and had no major problems. I love it at the moment, I look forward to jumping in it and going for a hoon.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I paid a couple of grand more than you, and apart from a couple of niggles it's fine, drives perfectly straight and had no major problems. I love it at the moment, I look forward to jumping in it and going for a hoon.
The noise was always the thing that made it for me. Still the second best car i've had.

Clio 172
The noise was always the thing that made it for me. Still the second best car i've had.

Sorry mate didn't realise you had one!

I love the noise, even pottering around town, have it in manual, blipping down coming to a set of lights and the small popping from the exhaust make me smile.

I had the backboxes taken off, and it's delightful on full chat. Unfortunately, it sounds the best at the top of the Rev range, but it's simply too quick and you would be doing silly speeds before long.

I did see a saloon in Daytona grey on eBay, but it was repossessed, that was what sparked my interest for these!

Daydotz that's another beauty, it's such such a shame little shites feel the need to acquire them through other means. Although, sitting on my drive it just looks like a 13 year old Audi, and no one ever looks at it.

Even on the street, I often get the disapproving 'look at the chav in his Bosnian'd up Audi', and occasionally you get a petrol head that understands, and either asks you to rev it or puts his thumb up once he's experienced how 's**t off shovel' quick it is.

I need to go drive it mown :lol:

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

I love the noise, even pottering around town, have it in manual, blipping down coming to a set of lights and the small popping from the exhaust make me smile.

I had the backboxes taken off, and it's delightful on full chat. Unfortunately, it sounds the best at the top of the Rev range, but it's simply too quick and you would be doing silly speeds before long.

I did see a saloon in Daytona grey on eBay, but it was repossessed, that was what sparked my interest for these!

Daydotz that's another beauty, it's such such a shame little shites feel the need to acquire them through other means. Although, sitting on my drive it just looks like a 13 year old Audi, and no one ever looks at it.

Even on the street, I often get the disapproving 'look at the chav in his Bosnian'd up Audi', and occasionally you get a petrol head that understands, and either asks you to rev it or puts his thumb up once he's experienced how 's**t off shovel' quick it is.

Lol.
Grey 52 plate saloon circa 120k miles??

That was my old one. Saw it a month or so ago.

It was mint it really didn't look pretty when it was found (the front bumper only had been resprayed a few days prior)

At least the police did find the criminals involved

Clio 172
Lol.
Grey 52 plate saloon circa 120k miles??

That was my old one. Saw it a month or so ago.

Yeah mate that was it! Did want to go have a look at it, it sounded good in the ad, but wasn't sure, and the dealer setup seemed shady as anything.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeah mate that was it! Did want to go have a look at it, it sounded good in the ad, but wasn't sure, and the dealer setup seemed shady as anything.
When I had it, it was awesome. I think it's had 4/5 owners in the last 4 years and is now a repossessed car so best to avoid it.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I love these cars too. They are really special and have so much road presence. I actually like the colour.