ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rsi wot carnt touch it...........

a fair bit, mine can keep up with a valver clio.

Problem with the RSi it runs out of power over a certain amount of revs compared the 16v which just keeps going.

and also a nova SR is piss slow compared to the RSi, i should know cos ive owned both. A decent match would be a corsa gsi/sport or the Nova GSi.

172 cup TT
i used to have a nova sr 1.3, the 1.4's i would say are "nippy" and ive always considered the RSi's to be "nippy" too.. are they really like a valver?? if so, cool..

the only thing a nova has over the clio is the lightness...

The valver i raced was slightly modded, and the driver did a s**t run up the strip however standard v standard a valver is a lot quicker once into 3rd gear

Like i said its the same with any 16v car, they have a longer rev range and their power is produced towards the top of this. Where as the 8v produces all the power low down which is great for cornering however straightline it isnt that great.

Mines had a induction kit, decat and full s/s magnex system zorst. which has only probs produced an extra 5bhp. LOL

1.8 rsi BLACK
RSi Dave said:
a fair bit, mine can keep up with a valver clio.

Problem with the RSi it runs out of power over a certain amount of revs compared the 16v which just keeps going.

and also a nova SR is piss slow compared to the RSi, i should know cos ive owned both. A decent match would be a corsa gsi/sport or the Nova GSi.

Cheers for that Dave ;)
In my RSi when i accelarate it go`s then seems seems to flatten out then it go`s again, however the second burst is like a turbo kicking in.... its by far faster than the first burst.
Do you get that with yours m8 ???

172 cup TT
Cam said:
errrr nova merit? fiesta popular? lol

You forget about the dreaded, beast fiesta.... the (thunder clap sound fx) Fiesta popular PLUS!!!!!!!1111oneoneoneeleveneleven

Power graph on an RSi is stright up to just shy of 6k revs, then it drops down again.

If it flattens off i'd get your map looked at.

I have embarrised alot of things,

mk2 16v golf GTI (on track)
trophy (on track)
valver (track and road)
VTR...several of (road)

etc etc the list goes on.

Alot of what it comes down to is driver skill, and the size of your balls.....and obvously knowing where the various limits are and not crossing them

VaVa
The Rsi is a bit like a VTR imho... A good car, but not in the same league as it's 16v bretheren.

If you wanted to 'piss on things from the lights' you bought the wrong car.... the twisties are where you should punch above your weight as it were.

A silver Honda
superrichie said:
the twisties.....................????????

bends, corners.

Best leave that type of thing for race tracks, airfields and quiet country b-roads though;)

1.8 rsi BLACK
Remedi said:
bends, corners.

Best leave that type of thing for race tracks, airfields and quiet country b-roads though;)

Im in North Wales bud, some of the best roads in the country...........
lol

Naples 16v
Do you really believe you RSI is quicker than a Trophy, Valver etc. may be they just couldn't be bothered because they KNOW they are quicker

340i
Ive had a couple of people think they are quicker than my RSi at junctions and traffic lights before. i imagine they think...

"oooo its onli a 1.2 clio, no need to put my foot down"

I love the look on the face of people in there VTR's and 106 quicksilvers, when you just go straight past them, but there are alot faster cars out there than a Clio RSi.

Naples 16v
just enjoy them for being what they are - moderately quick and not all that common, not around me any way

340i
domn8 said:
just enjoy them for being what they are - moderately quick and not all that common, not around me any way

Very true mate, ive onli seen one around my end, and its sum rood boi that owns it, and it really is dropping to bits :dapprove:

and then the onli other person i know with one is RSi Dave.

Does any body know how many MK1 RSi's were made?

al

ST on the way...
Thought 106 quicksilvers were 1.1's in which case you could walk past em lol!

Seriously tho, i've always though the RSi was vvvvv quick!

superrichie said:
Cheers for that Dave ;)
In my RSi when i accelarate it go`s then seems seems to flatten out then it go`s again, however the second burst is like a turbo kicking in.... its by far faster than the first burst.
Do you get that with yours m8 ???

sometimes, not sure if thats me or the car tho :S

LoL

Ive hadnt seen any RSi's before i bought one, my car was advertised as a 1.8 16v but as soon as the bonnet was lifted i knew it wasnt. The bloke selling it was taking about rarety and i sort of ignored him, however its quite true.

Yes there not amazingly quick, however i enjoy mine.

oh and quicksilvers are 1.4 8v's (same to an SR nova) and an RSi should hammer a VTR :quiet:

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
I had a go in my mates rsi and I didnt see a huge gain from my 1.2 (in fairness I had uprated cam etc etc...) But an rsi, like said above should walk over vtr's! (You should have a fair few easy races as they are very common - especially down here!) even get a few looks when mine keeps up with them until about 75mph