ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner Advice please

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new RSTuner which I finally managed to get ordered at the weekend. I've been wondering about one thing...

I've got a Pipercross Panel filter and a Magnex cat back system on the car at the moment, will the maps available for download from Fastchip be ok to run? I'm guessing they should be as the mods only really make minor differences to the breathing of the car. I just wondered if the car would end up running too lean on the revised map...

Ta :D

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
It will be fine for those mods mate, you will love it. I dunno what .rst version you have obviously but just load up the July 09 map :)

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to getting it after seeing all the posts from people who have them. Sounds like it should give me exactly what I'm after.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
If what I read is right, the RS Tuner map is designed for lightly modified cars, so yeah, should be fine :)

Renault Clio Sport Ph2
Just received my RS tuner kit, used the 6500 software with 5B03 calibration after some testing. The 6400 group N was pretty bad on my car, higher revlimit but less torque all around.

dny16t.jpg

Hooked up to my laptop

nxvzt0.jpg

The results, more torque across the entire rpm range but the same peak horsepower. You can rev it all the way up to 7500 with this calibration but that doesnt give any more power. Only more stamina (on the track when shifting would loose you time, stay in the same gear and rev it a bit more).

Well worth it, makes the car feel more alive. Also, the shaky idle has been fixed by raising the idle rpm just a bit.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Great mod for the price, my 182 felt alot better once i done this, improved idle and higher limit were really what my car needed

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im also loving the 6500_5B03 RON98 july 2009.cal, I previously had 6400_5402 RON98 aug 2008 .cal loaded and my car made 5bhp less! Also when I had 5402 loaded I had a de-cat and less restrictive exhaust! So all in all, I fitted a more restrictive exhaust + put the cat back in and changed the map to 5B03 and made 5bhp + 1lb/ft of torque more, all on the same RR obviously :)

172 phII
Im also loving the 6500_5B03 RON98 july 2009.cal, I previously had 6400_5402 RON98 aug 2008 .cal loaded and my car made 5bhp less! Also when I had 5402 loaded I had a de-cat and less restrictive exhaust! So all in all, I fitted a more restrictive exhaust + put the cat back in and changed the map to 5B03 and made 5bhp + 1lb/ft of torque more, all on the same RR obviously :)

More restrictive exhaust and cat back and u got 5 BHP more? Thats odd, possibly your first exhaust was just too open.