ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rstuner calibration issue help

clio Ph1 172
Hi all just received my 2nd rs tuner which is the older version, I've got the files with it on a disc for my car. Followed the instructions to the letter, the last stage is writing the cal file but it won't & keeps saying "encryption is not supported by this VCI firmware" but the disc with 172 98ron ecu & cal files, & 182 98ron ecu & cal files, & 182 launch control, came with the tuner so surely it should be compatible?

Thanks
Matt

clio Ph1 172
Do I need to get the VCI updated to do that though or can they just be bought for the version I have? Why would I be supplied with a the disc inc files if the files are useless?

Cheers

Due to rstuners now being sold "with maps" in the for sale section, i think henk now does car specific/locked maps due to loss of money through the file sharing that is going on.

Op i would say the maps you have disc are not compatible with your vci firmware and would say the best way to sort it out is to buy the maps etc through the fastchip website

clio Ph1 172
Good to know lol well I've bought a cal map, just received the link for the download (abit quick I though considering he wants to know firmware version etc) I follow the link to the fastchip download page & it says "sorry but the requested file wasnt found" Doh, now what... Well I've emailed henk so will hopefully be sorted. This one isn't even my car still got another mates to do & mine lol

Cheers, matt

clio Ph1 172
Are the cal files part of the rstuner ecu upload? As that wrote to the ecu fine i just thought I had to do both?

Cheers