ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another RSTuner thread - calibration issue

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So, got round to remapping the 182 today. Followed the guides and all went perfect until the last step 'Write CAL'.

I selected the file (which I got from a member on here - :) ) and when I go to hit 'Proceed with CAL write', the following shows up -

Current: 0000 0000
To be written: 8200 7804

When I press proceed, the progress bar runs as usual then at the end it says 'Error write verification failed'.

I have the latest version of RSTuner and the .RST and CAL files are for the over-run.

Any help? Currently have the RSTuner still plugged in :quiet:

Edit: Above where it says 'Current:' it says 'please verify that the proper software version will be written to the ECU.'

How do I do this?

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Thought I got it working then, but still came up saying failed. Now my current settings for the .RST file are 0000 0000, same for the CAL file, so it won't let me write the CAL file correctly. :(

Any ideas? Been through lots of threads and still can't find a solution.

By the looks of it you have some how wiped the software from your ECU.. Did you do copies of the original software and cal?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yes. Sometimes the 'current' settings show, other times they don't. Have emailed Henk so just awaiting a reply.

Evo 8 MR
You need to write the updated .RST file again.

Then you write the .CAL file you want to run.

If you get an error writing the .CAL file then it's not the right one for your vehicle so email Henk.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
That never used to be the case. Whatever happened should be sorted, as I've bought the map from fastchip. :cool:

Evo 8 MR
That never used to be the case. Whatever happened should be sorted, as I've bought the map from fastchip. :cool:

It happened to me when I bought it directly from Fastchip.nl, it's nothing to worry about just email Henk and he'll likely send a file that will work.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Done. :) Will have to get up mega early as apparently he sends them at like 5am. :eek: