ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rstuner help please

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I know this thread seems to be me moaning and blabbing on.

But I wanted to let Fastchip know that it seems to be working well now.

I changed from the induction kit back to the standard airbox and drove the 25miles to work.

1. I found that the change between gears was much smoother, felt like a totally different car in that respect.
2. The power delivery is better in second gear where before it was flat, delivery in third is much the same.
3. Fuel wise the on board computer is reading a 4mpg higher value on the motorway @ 75mph. Will wait till friday to see if this number has actually increased @ the pump.
4. Idle is smoother, no more mr bouncy car when idle when cold.

SO... all in all I'm please so far. Will keep this thread updated.

Lol.

Give it a bit of time to settle in. Iirc the fuel trim adjusts to suit over a small period of time.

But if the car is idling at 800rpm on the dial. Something has not been done right.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Lol.

Give it a bit of time to settle in. Iirc the fuel trim adjusts to suit over a small period of time.

But if the car is idling at 800rpm on the dial. Something has not been done right.

Well its a lot closer to the 1k line on the dial than before.
I plan to plug the Tuner back in on the way home today and see what numbers show.

Another win for the stock air box?
Possibly.
I will get a new filter medium for the stock airbox this week as the paper filter in there looks a little sad for itself.