ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTUNER

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
Hello, I realise there are loads of threads on this subject ( yes i have used the search before anybodys comments!!) but there isnt one about peoples opinions on it and what programs they used etc etc....

So what car and program has everyone used and what have you found the gains or problems you experienced?

I have just loaded the 7300 98ron map onto my 172cup and found that the acceleration has improved and that the lumpyness on cold start has completely gone, it feels like a completly different car :D! Only had it on for a day now so yet to experience the full potential of the rstuner!!!

A Flamin' Red one
Er... hello! Fancy letting me borrow it for a few sheets!? I'd be interested to see your newly purchased exhaust too mate :D

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Actually most of the threads do describe [peoples opinions after installing the maps ;) But for the sake of this thread ill add my 2p.

Im using the grpn map with the july calibration file. I did try the latest one but was not keen on it for my personal reasons.

What have I noticed?

Well when the map is freshly written to ECU the car is a joy to drive.

Increased throttle responsivenessss
Idle is raised from 833 to 944 so this smooths the idle out
Cold start kangarooing has been eliminated
Generally all around better engine reponse, it feels more lively lower down in the revs
red line is moved to 7500 or 7800? Not sure which, but I very RARELY go above 7000 rpm anyway.

All in all its a 100% improvement on the standard map, and regardless of what BHP is gained if any, its the delivery and drivability for me that has been improved, and I would not go back to standard now.

I do find that after a few days and the map has time to settle in it is not quite as good...but this could be the fact im getting used to it...not sure...it hard to determine :)

All in all best 150 I spent on the clio so far.

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
WHATISJUSTIS - "Er... hello! Fancy letting me borrow it for a few sheets!? I'd be interested to see your newly purchased exhaust too mate :D"

Yea i have no problems with that geez, dont think its a simple as just plugging it into another car though?? Ill try and find out some more info!

GTRUK - "Im using the grpn map with the july calibration file. I did try the latest one but was not keen on it for my personal reasons."

I tried to download the 7300.rst file for mine, im assuming thats the GRPN map? But it wouldnt let me! Does it make much more difference compared to using just the july calibration file?

A Flamin' Red one
It's looking lovely and er, red!? Came at just the right time though to be honest as my standard hose was too chunky for the Simota.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
GTRUK - "Im using the grpn map with the july calibration file. I did try the latest one but was not keen on it for my personal reasons."

I tried to download the 7300.rst file for mine, im assuming thats the GRPN map? But it wouldnt let me! Does it make much more difference compared to using just the july calibration file?

The group N ecu software is the 6400 2a07.rst file, ive always just used this so have no comparison to the 7300 software. When you say it wouldnt let you? how do you mean? the download would work?

My car is a 51 plate, so i had an older ECU meaning I couldnt use the 7300 software even if i wanted to test. Ask henk, you might be able to use the 6400 stuff on the newer ecu... ?

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
Yea the page said the download has expired? Asked henk and he said that i dont need it. . .? But i want it!! lol

1.8 Civic EX
list to choose from on the website....www.fastchip.nl

you need to buy a new license to use it again on another car...about £40 by the way guys ;)

really easy to do once you read the instructions...helped mike do his but never got to witness the results...