ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RT Arches and 17inch wheels

Right,

I just got 17inch multispokes for my clio, but now my car looks like a jeep. So to remedy this I want to get my car lowered but I know this is gonna cause rubbing problems. So does anyone have any Idea how I can get around this? Has anyone had this problem before? If you do please reply, ill appreciate any opinion/advice given.

Thanx

Chris!

Hi chris,

have lowered many clio rts with 17s, so far havnt come across any real problems, other than a small amount of rubbung on the inner front arches, which happens with 15s anyway, pi springs were used and they were a drop of 55mm,

hope this helps

Dave

Your confusing me, is it for an RT? Its just because your name says ex RT. They wont, or shouldnt, rub on a 16v. Will do on an RT. You will need to roll the arches to get them on properly, which I would have thought you would have had to do just to put them on.

Paul

i had 17s on my RT and if u got 17s that are 205 wide then it will fcuked the rear archs rippin them outwards!

u will need to get the rip grinded down

Cool, So how much does it roughly cost get that sort of work done? And Can you now have a full car with it rubbing at the rear arch?

Oh and thanx for that dave, Im hoping to pick up some 16v front arches soon, so do you that would remedy the problem? Or Would u be talking about those annoying mud gaurds which are and absolute B*tch 2 get off?

(P.s. Sorry If ive caused any confusion, I have a 1.4RT which has now be converted into a 1.8 16v when the RT engine was about to die.)

Chris

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

So its a valver but without the fat hips! God bless small arses ;)