ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rubbing

Think I'm in the right section..

182 is lowered on apex 40mm. Getting some rubbing on the front when turning. Any way to rectify this? Spacers?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Think I'm in the right section..

182 is lowered on apex 40mm. Getting some rubbing on the front when turning. Any way to rectify this? Spacers?

20151031_102916_resized.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I used a hammer jacked up placed it between tyre n bracket then slowly let the jack down just to push it up abit job done no scrapping now :)

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I wouldn't say the car in the pics is more than 40mm lower. mine is about 25-30mm lower (measured from the ground to the subframe before and after) and it rubbs like hell when hard cornering (on hairpins mostly).
I wouldn't even think of going lower than this, the shocks would remain out of travel and with the slightest bump you will hit the bump stops.
On the rubbing: if yours rubs on the bumper bracket do as in the pics above (you are lucky if so, mine rubs on the chassis near the braket)

Good point lol.Although no @cs_dave i could clearly see the passenger side rubbing and adjusted the arch liners to suit. But the drivers side is not so evident