ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running Eibach springs front and Coilover springs rear???

ph1 172
Following on from my previous thread, I have Eibach Sportlines and Sachs dampers all round at present but the rear sits 15mm to heigh when compared to the front. I think the front sits lower due to the ast top mounts but I am unsure.

My question is, if I was to run a coilover spring and adjuster on the rear to get the extra 15mm drop, will this ruin the handling of my car?
Really I would want to try and match the spring rate with the current rear sportlines which is 40-85N/mm, 354-752lb/in progressive so I do not upset the balance. Would this work with my Sachs rear dampers?
Here is how it is sitting currently.
IMG_0211.JPG

I understand that the rear of a car is supposed to be slight higher to allow for passengers/luggage etc. However, mine looks ridiculous.

Any help is most appreciated.

ph1 172
Sorted:)

Thank you for that link Gray. I rang those chaps and I can infact have my rear Eibach springs modified to go an extra 15mm lower without cutting etc. Total cost of 2 springs modified, powder coated and returned is £55

Chuffed

340i
Sorted:)

Thank you for that link Gray. I rang those chaps and I can infact have my rear Eibach springs modified to go an extra 15mm lower without cutting etc. Total cost of 2 springs modified, powder coated and returned is £55

Chuffed

Sorted.

Super bargain!

ph1 172
Yep you could do that. Would be £110:)

Will get my springs off tomorrow and sent off and I will get some pics up of it next week