ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running in a new 182

tiTTy & SV650

vary your revs over the whole rev range, i wouldnt bounce it off the rev limiter like lots of people will suggest, i dont really do that even after 21k.

Lionel Richie

give the engine high load

IE floor it from 20mph in 3rd gear all the way up through the rev range

even by thrashing it, you wont damage anything

Just took mine steady really, didnt thrash it or anything and its been fine, but then again dont listen to me cos i have a handbag:confused:

Focus ST

You wont properly bed in an engine until you have thrown a variety of engine speeds and loads at it so, as long as its warmed up, I wouldnt worry about pussy footing around!

Enjoy, and feel it loosen up!

Elise/VX220/R26

wait till the oils warm then drive as you like, running in is for renaults benefit not yours

I gave mine hell from new, when hot. I didnt mash the limiter until I had 1000 miles on it, but then I just ragged it to death in every gear. Its what the car is designed to do.