ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

running issue when cold

Lancia Integrale
Got a really annoying issue on my ph1 172 :( When starting from cold it has a big hesitation at low revs and pops and bangs from the exhaust very loudly on the over run and when changing gear. This lasts for 5-10 mins and then after that runs and drives perfect! If i leave it to idle i can almost hear the point of when it clears and runs better.
I have a decat fitted with both lambda sensor connected also a itg maxogen .

Ive already changed-

thermostat
coolant temp sensor
map sensor
lambda sensor before cat

all using either genuine or best after market parts. ive plugged it in on numerous occasions only to fine lambda sensor fault (after cat) which i think is due to decat..
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

172 Cup
I think it is just the map, i believe it overfuels at startup.

This happens on my car and i also changed all the sensors bar the map. It is fine after 5 minutes.

When i had the rstuner map running, this problem disappeared. I think it ignores lambda readings for a preset time.

Since the map at 519 automtive for the 438 cams, it has reappeared. The standard renault map also used to do this.

I think this is a common issue for the 172 and 197 clios, not sure about the 200.

Racing Blue Clio 182
Pretty much all Renaultsport clios suffer from this some more than others its due to the injection computers software to allow time for the cat to warm up to correct temperature. Renault did a software update for the 197 after customers complained

Lancia Integrale
thanks for the replys guys! I thought it may be common fault :) It just sounds really bad on my car as its really loud at the mo (decat and crap old ktec)
Getting the car mapped at some point so hopefully that will solve it!