ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running issues

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve got some running issues on my 182. For the first 30 seconds to a minute or so it’ll go as if it’s going to die then pick back up. Once it’s hot it idles fine but will sometimes cut out when slowing down to stop. It’s also got a very slight miss/hesitation under light throttle at really low revs but absolutely fine under load and above about 1.5k. It’s got no fault codes or warning lights. So far it’s had:
  • NGK plugs
  • New leads
  • New genuine coil pack
  • New Bosch lambda sensor
  • New genuine injectors
  • New crank sensor and loom
  • New map sensor
I’ve unplugged the map sensor and it dies straight away so can’t be that. Unplugging the injectors one by one makes it s**t it’s pants in equal measures so that seems fine. Swapping the lead positions makes no change so don’t think it’s spark related. Is there anything else that could be causing it?

This issue has been present before the turbo too so not turbo related

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Are the connections to the throttle body clean and free from corrosion? Have you tried a different throttle body?

I’ve cleaned throttle body so it’s now spotless and the connectors are fine too. Don’t have a spare to try though so will look into that

Vac leak?

I don’t think so. I’ve replaced gasket between the upper and lower so that should be fine. The TB seal is good so shouldn’t have any problems there. Most the vac lines are blanked other than the one that goes to the brake servo and the one from the TB to the fuel rail. If I unplug them and block the ends it’s still the same so don’t think it’s an obvious leak.

When it goes to die it does sound like it’s sucking air from down the back of the block somewhere but I can’t see anything else down there it could be other than the turbo making the noise maybe? I’m not sure what else lives down there.