ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running like crap

03 clio 172
Went to go home last night and the car was fine for about a mile, it then started to run like a sack of crap, sort of like it was miss firing badly. Shortly after the toxic fume light started to flash on the dash. Anybody got any ideas on what could have caused this to happen. I have tried turning the car off and leaving it and then get it started again but the problem still persists.

Cheers Mat

Black 197
Could be a failed lamba sensor ?? Im no expert but i had the light on once and i got the sensors replaced and been fine ever since

Black 197
Besides getting raped by renault, anyone reccomend someone in the Berkshire area?

Dont go Renault to get the fault read by a reader.. Go to any decent garage they should read the fault for no more than £20 (thats what i pay) or get a post put up for anyone near you who has a reader to read it for you for a small fee...

FYI, IIRC according to the handbook, a flashing light means do not drive the car.

EDIT: reading fail, looks like you've got it diagnosed already.

03 clio 172
The stop light has not come on, the only place I drove it was to be fault read yesterday for which it came up with the above problem. Mainly wanted to know where the sensor is as my local renault dealer does not know!

03 clio 172
Well just replaced the intake sensor and it still runs like a sack of s**t. Is there anyway of testing the lamba sensors? Also where can I but them from apart from renault?

Ta Mat

Clio 172
tbh i have never heard of a problem with the intake sensor.

Could be a few things
Coil pack
spark plugs
throttle body clean out
lamba sensor

Golf GTD Mk7
If one of the coils has gone it will make the engine sounds crap and it will feel very slow. Sounds like lambda as said. Renault should be able to run a diagnostic on it to tell which sensor is foooked.

03 clio 172
Its ended up being cheaper for me to take a put and but the two sensors that what renault wanted to look at my car :banghead: