ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running mains equipment in a car

BMW 320d Sport

OK I probably need some advice from the ICE masters who install fish tanks and fridges in their cars.

Anyway I dont wanna pay NOS £150 for a heater jacket for my nitrous bottle, when I can pick up a 30 C reptile tank heater mat from the pet shop for under a tenner. All I need to know is what do I use to power a 240v AC device off of the 12-14 v DC of the car battery?

nick better to c what the mat need ! is it 240v or does it run into a transformer this would make it easier to find what u want when u no what u want!!

nick better to c what the mat need ! is it 240v or does it run into a transformer this would make it easier to find what u want when u no what u want!!

Hey Nick,
I have just recently purchased a power inverter from Maplins!
They do 3 sizes of power, the lowest is about £20, the middle (which i went for) is £30 - thats 300watts...or amps...oh feck it i cant remember! And the largest is about £40...