ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running rough..

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay lads wondering if anyone has any ideas on this one.. Cars booked in anyway on the 25th but ideas before then will help..

Car sat idle throws the engine management light up and does idle a bit lumpy although not that bad. Eggy smell coming from the exhaust too. I'm guessing its just an idle problem. If I sit and hold the revs above 2k the light goes back off and likewise when I drive it the light goes off too. It's had in the past year new plugs, coilpack and leads so shouldn't be those.

I know its pretty quiet round this part of the forum these days but if anyone has any suggestions would be happy to hear. Cheers.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Eggy smell - knackered cat.

I was under the impression it could be something like too much fuel being dumped in the exhaust causing it maybe but I'm sure if its not a knackered cat then it will be soon lol.

Lamda is one of my thoughts, had 1 replaced probably about 2-3 years ago now. Is there 2 though?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I thought that after reading another thread, only thing that throws me off is the fact if it was injector I thought it would effect how the car drives too but seems to perform fine other than idle.

I've got the same fault and mine still idles as well as it was (admittedly quite lumpy with the cams). Goes as normal. If the light didn't flash I'd never had guessed there was something wrong...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the same fault and mine still idles as well as it was (admittedly quite lumpy with the cams). Goes as normal. If the light didn't flash I'd never had guessed there was something wrong...

No doubt I'll probably just carry on driving it as it is if the mechanic has no luck but will see hopefully he can diagnose it without much hassle. Only concern after that is if it'll pass an MOT what with the egg smell I guess, it's not a strong smell more just get the odd whiff and if I stick my nose near the exhaust.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
No doubt I'll probably just carry on driving it as it is if the mechanic has no luck but will see hopefully he can diagnose it without much hassle. Only concern after that is if it'll pass an MOT what with the egg smell I guess, it's not a strong smell more just get the odd whiff and if I stick my nose near the exhaust.

I've got my mot in just over a month and it's a bit of a concern lol. Get one of those cheap ODB plugs and torque on your phone and see what it come up with. I got the fault on mine but not which cylinder. Yours sounds a bit worse than mine so it might tell you which one.
Hopefully getting mine on a AA reader this weekend to see if it'll tell me...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So I had it looked at and all that came up on fault reader was a throttle body error of some kind so he's cleaned it up and reckons its sorted. Hopefully it stays that way now but I was expecting injector so will see how it goes.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha cheers guess this guy is using crappy reader.

Due aux belt next month so think I'll take it to Mick he's got good kit so will get it checked while there, the lights not come back up yet but I'm sure it will :pensive:.