ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rush Car Magazine

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Some friends of mine have been producing an online car mag over the last 12 months & I thought I’d share with you guys.

Think of it as EVO mag back in the early days when they used to feature cars that you could actually afford & aspire to own.

Personally I think the presentation, content & photography are all right up there with the established car mags.

Would be great if you could check it out, all feedback will be much appreciated 👍🏻

I’ve been helping provide content with Issue 02 featuring my old 182 Trophy & the upcoming issue 04 has my V6 featured.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Went out in the E46 M3 CSL last weekend.
WHAT A CAR 😍

17C4FCD9-1E1E-43EC-8D09-AD472E581858.jpeg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Very good!

I recently stopped my EVO subscription after 10+ years, simply as I found 90% of the content (new cars) dull.

I’d much rather read about CSL’s and P1’s than the latest Lamborghini. Top work.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Thanks for the feedback guys.
it’s definitely worth a couple of hours of your time.

for me it’s a fresh take on Modern Classics Mag (RIP) with EVO production values.

if you are in the North West & have anything interesting that would be worthy of a feature drop me a line.

All road tests etc are fully insured & cars are well looked after 👍🏻

Sneak preview of issue 04

5378C3A0-47EA-4881-A548-0B12B5B4DB50.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Very good!

I recently stopped my EVO subscription after 10+ years, simply as I found 90% of the content (new cars) dull.

I’d much rather read about CSL’s and P1’s than the latest Lamborghini. Top work.
I’m literally about to do the same.
Been a subscriber for best part of 20 years now.
Last 12 months or so, I’ve thumbed through the issue in about 10 minutes then stuck it in a cupboard.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I’m literally about to do the same.
Been a subscriber for best part of 20 years now.
Last 12 months or so, I’ve thumbed through the issue in about 10 minutes then stuck it in a cupboard.

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that, other than a GT4, I don’t care for any car made in the last 10 years 😂

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Very good!

I dont know about you, but i also HATE the s**t paper they use now too. Used to be awesome glossy silk a few years back.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
All about saving money now. It's probably one of the better mags, but it has more "contributing editors" than it does pages. Seems like every every other hack is on the freelance payroll.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Cheers for posting up. Looks really good, and looking forward to getting through the whole thing.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I think I’ve come to the conclusion that, other than a GT4, I don’t care for any car made in the last 10 years 😂

100% agree with this - I was talking about this the other week. Around 2012-2014 I’ve really lost interest in most cars built after that.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Performance tuner was a similar mag to this I used to buy was a good read stuff you could actually afford.
Sadly no longer on sale

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Thanks for the feedback guys.
it’s definitely worth a couple of hours of your time.

for me it’s a fresh take on Modern Classics Mag (RIP) with EVO production values.

if you are in the North West & have anything interesting that would be worthy of a feature drop me a line.

All road tests etc are fully insured & cars are well looked after 👍🏻

Sneak preview of issue 04

View attachment 1615161

Just had a read thru a few articles very good read about affordable stuff too top work sir 😍👍

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Looks good this. Flicked through the first issue and I'm basically interested in every single article (y)

Only slight criticism I would say is the font is a little small on my tablet. I can obviously zoom in to read, but I'd rather not (to be fair I do have s**t eyesight though)

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
I share a unit with the chap who owns the Panda 100hp in issue 4 and he mentioned this project a while back.

It’s a brilliant read and has that Evo feel from the golden days. Keep it up chaps! It’s my go to lunch break read at work at the moment 👍

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Nice little feature for the Clio 200

Some great roads round the Yorkshire Dales if you are over that way 👍🏻

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Nice little feature for the Clio 200

Some great roads round the Yorkshire Dales if you are over that way 👍🏻
What a brilliant write up / pics!

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Loving some of the features you guys have been putting out, really hits the spot for my interest in cars! I always found EVO was a little too super car focused, and when Modern Classics folded I was left with nothing that really represented what I was interested in / could potentially afford to drive in the future. Thankfully Rush focuses on that nice middle ground, and you're driving on roads that are local to me as well! If you guys ever need a Phase 1 for a feature, I'm based up in the Lake District and would be happy to let you use mine 🤩

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've done a variation of that route a couple of times and can confirm that the roads are indeed great to drive on.

On the map I did - I lopped-off the northern section - and went straight across from Sedbergh to Hawes - and onto Aysgarth, before heading south from there.

Need to redo it at some point!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Loving some of the features you guys have been putting out, really hits the spot for my interest in cars! I always found EVO was a little too super car focused, and when Modern Classics folded I was left with nothing that really represented what I was interested in / could potentially afford to drive in the future. Thankfully Rush focuses on that nice middle ground, and you're driving on roads that are local to me as well! If you guys ever need a Phase 1 for a feature, I'm based up in the Lake District and would be happy to let you use mine 🤩
Thanks for the feedback.
Just so happens we might be looking for a ph1.
Was thinking about doing a RenaultSport special given the amount of content already created.
Was thinking an EVO car of the year cover shot but with all generations of RS Clio.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the feedback.
Just so happens we might be looking for a ph1.
Was thinking about doing a RenaultSport special given the amount of content already created.
Was thinking an EVO car of the year cover shot but with all generations of RS Clio.
Mine isn't the most OEM spec of Ph1 but I'm happy to lend it out! And it would be great to see a full spread of all the RS Clio's. In past comparison pieces, the Ph1 never seems to get mentioned, which is a shame as it's probably the second best to drive out of all the 172/182's (in my opinion).

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mine isn't the most OEM spec of Ph1 but I'm happy to lend it out! And it would be great to see a full spread of all the RS Clio's. In past comparison pieces, the Ph1 never seems to get mentioned, which is a shame as it's probably the second best to drive out of all the 172/182's (in my opinion).

Ph1 is the best for me.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Is this still available? Tried to subscribe but there’s no option as far as I can see.