ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's Honda S2000

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Get the 2006 OEM wheels mate, much nicer than the 2004 IMO.

7C4F9767-555C-4428-8B7A-5999B1B94662-4864-0000060EF7DE9076.jpg

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Love the colour!

If you need any inspiration check out Rich McKee. He's from hull, used to run a car club "fast and modded" (it's no longer about though) had an r33 skyline then bought his s2000. Anything you need to know he could be useful.

His websites www.r-m-photography.com tbh everyone should check it out.

Here's a snap of his s2k.

SteveyA94

Yeah he has put silly money into that s2000, seen him about loads as hes round my area. The car looks amazing and must be seen in person! :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great choice Russ. I've always fancied one myself, but insurance is silly compared to other things for me.

53 Clio's & counting
Nice Dave, whats the details?

If my plan goes well I should be able to crack on with a bit of diagnosis on the engine this weekend :)

53 Clio's & counting
Not much to report, I was hoping to get some time on this this weekend but ended up putting some new big end shells in the bottom end of a mk5 golf.

Managed to grab a little time tidying the garage though so grabbed a few more pictures

20121111_134041.jpg

20121111_134002.jpg

20121111_134011.jpg

20121111_134022.jpg

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, only other colour I've seen that seems to be rarer is a lovely dark bronze/browny colour that had an awesome brown interior :p

I picked up a 2002 model earlier in the year hit idea it'd be used for my once a week 300 mile round trip to work over the summer then bin it come winter, but I've still got it as I love the thing.

1.jpg

(Ignore the hideous tax disc holder, pic was taken day the guy dropped it off to me)

Mine has all the aero kit on it so that's the front lip, rear spoiler and the little side strakes.

The 2004 wheels are my fave, infact I'd rather a 2004 model in looks but this one was bought for convenience as well as it was for sale a few miles down the road for a good price and had a recent new clutch.

just stuck new RE050As on all four corners though on the 16s and feels even better.

53 Clio's & counting
Looks lovely mate, splitters do make the front look much better :)

How are you finding yours? Many miles?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really loving it, as said I do one 'big' trip a week from Torquay to Portsmouth and back in it and as its not a motorway journey it's perfect, and used to be great in the summer with the roof off :)

Was bought as I was getting fed up of taking the train and it seemed sort of sensible at the time, was local and a good price. I didn't set out specifically for an s2000, it was more a case of what's available now that's decent, close and within budget, and this won.

Got it in may with about 64k on the clock, it's about to tick over 74k in the next week or so :)

Servicing and parts seem reasonable, and it ain't bad in fuel.

vtec isn't for everyone but I like the way it's a docile little thing most of the time but then it turns into a different animal when you start letting the revs run. To me it's pretty quick through the gears when you start taking it up to 9k, second to third then fourth all happens quite quickly, and sounds awesome.

Contrary to what everyone says I've not found it twitchy at all, and with the new rubber on yesterday along with a proper alignment check it feels even better now.

They are fussy on tyres, stiff sidewalls are a must, Bridgestones seem the favourite be it the re050a or the more hardcore models (s002 or something?).

So what was supposed to be a summer toy might end up being kept a bit longer as without spending another 10k I don't know what I'd want it change it for.

53 Clio's & counting
Funnily enough mine needs new rear tyres, so I'm on the look out for a set of 17's for it

I may have a lead on another engine too, wasn't expecting it this early....

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Always loved these and I WILL own one some day. What are they like in a straight line? I'm assuming slightly quicker than an EP3?

Colour looks great too!

53 Clio's & counting
Well I've not driven this one due to the engine issue, but the general stats are 0-60 somewhere between 6-6.5 seconds, 0-100 in about 14 seconds and 150 odd mph flat out so while not super quick, enough to have some fun with :)

53 Clio's & counting
Well the car hasn't got any further, simply so busy I don't have the time at the moment, (Not been on here in 3 weeks!) but I have purchased the number plate, though I paid very little for it so may sell it on.......

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Love this. Only 1 of a jew jap cars I like.

Would like to own one at some point I think. Very nice colour

53 Clio's & counting

Don't put more ideas in my head! My wallet is taking a battering as it is lol

(Though how awesome does that cage look!!)

Love this. Only 1 of a jew jap cars I like.

Would like to own one at some point I think. Very nice colour

Thanks mate, this is my first Honda, so will be interesting to see how I get on with it

Just watched their fitting guide, no wonder it costs a grand to have done. Fantastic stuff.

Looks lovely doesn't it!