ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's Honda S2000

53 Clio's & counting
Big update :cool:

I now have this sat in my garage

20121215_152838.jpg

20121215_152829.jpg

Will be fitting it asap :)

I can finally afford the insurance :evil:....

and I've just signed up on s2ki :eek:....

Think this has just surpassed a 6pot BMW/RS Clio for the VX's replacement!!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Really like these, looks well in the OP on the larger oem wheels and slight drop. Colours a nice change from the norm.

Engine swap over Xmas on the cards by looks of it :approve:

53 Clio's & counting
Fitted yet? ;) haha

You know me, i'd normally have it in by now, but it's going to be after Xmas - too busy this week lol x

I can finally afford the insurance :evil:....

and I've just signed up on s2ki :eek:....

Think this has just surpassed a 6pot BMW/RS Clio for the VX's replacement!!

Good lad!

I am very much looking forward to getting it on the road, will be great fun until I get another Elise, miss my old one :( )

Really like these, looks well in the OP on the larger oem wheels and slight drop. Colours a nice change from the norm.

Engine swap over Xmas on the cards by looks of it :approve:

Agree, the 16's just look too small, the larger OEM 17's combined with the drop sets the car off perfectly, so once it's on the road, wheels will be first, then some Eibachs and geo :)

If all goes to plan, engine should be in before the new year :)

Good lad!

I am very much looking forward to getting it on the road, will be great fun until I get another Elise, miss my old one :( )

I'd almost argue more fun from watching some of the heroic youtube vids out there lol. Add to the fact it will be more practical in every single way for my motorway commute and I think I'm on to a winner.

Pics of your elise Russ? S1/S2?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Probably selling mine in the next month or so ;) Been an awesome car (as said previously I do about 350/400 miles a week in it) but time to move on and try something else :)

53 Clio's & counting
I'd almost argue more fun from watching some of the heroic youtube vids out there lol. Add to the fact it will be more practical in every single way for my motorway commute and I think I'm on to a winner.

Pics of your elise Russ? S1/S2?

I would say the S2000 does give 70% of the fun of an Elise but 80% more practical lol

This was my thread at the time mate, it was an S1 - And I can't wait to get another :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?540630-Russ-s-new-toy-Lotus-content

S1 looks Lurrrrveeellyy!!!

Still a big soft spot for those looks.

Good to hear on the practicality front, as that's what I'll need to convince the GF. Although it can't be any worse than her mx5 for road noise and boot space.

53 Clio's & counting
I see you're partly in Cheltenham mate - I'm only in malmesbury and I work in Cirencester, so once it's on the road you're welcome to come over and we can go for a spin/have a nosey over it/check fit/size/boot size etc, make sure that if you do go for one it will fit your needs :)

I see you're partly in Cheltenham mate - I'm only in malmesbury and I work in Cirencester, so once it's on the road you're welcome to come over and we can go for a spin/have a nosey over it/check fit/size/boot size etc, make sure that if you do go for one it will fit your needs :)

Very kind of you Russ, I may take you up on that in the new year :) Familiar with both areas.

(I've actually used Neil Garner Performance Engineering in Malmesbury Business park for work on the VX in the past).

53 Clio's & counting
Have I missed something? Why have you got a new engine?

Pop back and have a read of my first post in this thread mate :)

Very kind of you Russ, I may take you up on that in the new year :) Familiar with both areas.

(I've actually used Neil Garner Performance Engineering in Malmesbury Business park for work on the VX in the past).

Yeah I know Neil, he did the geo on my Elise :)

You're fully welcome to mate :)

It'll pull a premium at race wars.

I like the S2000, it's quite a good little sportscar. Nice colour too.

Flol - I think thats the first F&F quote in here!

Thats the plan...

Hopefully ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Lol beat me to it :rasp:

Update time!

So the short version is I bought this:

20121215_152829.jpg

It's a 2000 year JDM F20C which has covered 69,000 miles, which (although I wasn't planning on buying an engine yet) it was offered to me at such a good price I couldn't refuse

And this Sunday just gone we did this:

20121230_130007.jpg

20121230_121250.jpg

Don't get too exited as It's not on the road as yet, but engine is in and running :)

I drove it down to Dan's workshop, with 2 mates following behind in my Golf estate with the new engine in the boot

Big thanks (Once again!) to Dan - legend as always, and bearing in mind he hasn't changed an F20C before, we started removing it at 10am, to driving it out the workshop at 8:30pm, and that includes stopping for 2 hours for lunch and dinner :)

Any work you need doing, honestly I can't recommend Dan enough :)

I drove it back on trade plates, so as said it won't be on the road for another 6-8 weeks, but first impressions are very good - the engine sounds nice and tight, the car drives very nicely, and once on VTEC is pulls a lot harder than the 2 other s2000's I have driven, so smiles all around :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good, get it on the road for when the weather gets a little better :)

Just stuck the ad up to sell mine, would keep it if I could but need more room now :(