ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rust....appearing on rear arch....

6/468 17poo

Whats the best way to treat this,its not bubbling its coming up in streaks straight off the rear arches well annoying underneath the paint work!help!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Get it cut out and new metal welded in and properly undersealed.

I realise that this sounds extreme, but if it is ground out and filled, it will be back before you know it.

6/468 17poo

is there nothing i can spray on to prevent it gettin worse or is it dooms day?i dont wanna spend big bucks on it as a valver or mk 1 172 is next years project!(hopefully)

can have it treated and a resprayed but it will come back, only way to get rid of for good as was said above, cutting and welding

S2000

Im in the same situation mate (see my post from a few days ago) as I have just noticed some rust coming through (still below the paint) on one of my rear arches. Im going to leave mine a little while to see how cash works out but will probably get some new metal welded in.