ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rust on 12 month old cup

172, Tiguan

"All new Renault Clios (purchased in the UK) have a 3 year or 60,000 mile warranty, Renault Accident Services cover, a 12-year anti-corrosion warranty, 3-year paint warranty and 3-year Renault Roadside Assistance."

from our very own site Mr y0z2a sir.

54 astravan 1.7tdci

my dynamic had loads of tiny rust spots. when i took it to reno bodyshop they pointed out that when it was getting colour coding someone might have been grinding near the car they must have been right as its all polished off.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the trouble with 172/cup is they are hand painted somewhere else not at the main production line so the risk of contamination is greater.

Quote: Originally posted by pete savill on 31 December 2003

my dynamic had loads of tiny rust spots. when i took it to reno bodyshop they pointed out that when it was getting colour coding someone might have been grinding near the car they must have been right as its all polished off.
my sisters b/f has a new shape clio DCi, and he has the same thing, just under where the rear windows are.....

VW Potato

i had the rust on my tailgate sorted by a dealer. They huffed and puffed that it was an import then I showed them that warranty letter...then they fixed it.

g

Abarth 500

Fred pointed out exactly the same thing on mine! Just under the rubber seal bit at the top when you open the door...

All brand new renault r covered by 1 year paint/corrosion warranty gauranteed, so take it to renault dealer if they give u grief (which they sholdnt) get back to me, second and third year you have 2 make a comtribution.

Golf GTTDI 130PD

Thats disgusting if you ask me.

I have a P reg mk1 phase 3 and didnt get any rust until 1 yr ago when I let a stone chip rust.

E36 323i coupe

I agree with Leanne - I know its a rarety, but my first car was a 13 year old MG Metro Turbo, and that didnt have a patch of rust on it, until I bent it on a lamp-post :eek:

So there really is no excuse for a modern car to rust after a year!