ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rustinessnessness

Ok peeps, as we all know, valvas have many problems accross the board. Leaking Sunroofs, Breaking cam belts, Faulty idle control valves etc. My prob is that i now have the ever common rust above the arches problem (just beginning to bubble) and i am going to be tackling this problem this weekend. However - i cant seem to find the correct paint to match the colour of my car and i dont really know how to fix the problem effectively.... any advice would be majorly appreciated. Ive got a 95 Red (non metallic jobby it think) valva.

if you still want ot have a go at it yourself you shoudl be able to get the paint from Halfords, they have a chart, you look up make and model number and name of paint and year of car, you can usually guess the colour from the year etc, but it shoudl say on the ID plate inside the bonnet

Well its only a little bit of bubbling on the one arch. Was going to sand it down - apply a couple of coats of q-rust - then filler and then spray it. Should take the weekend - maybe a bit longer - am i being over ambitious coz i sure as hell cant afford to get it done!!

Id not go to halfords, i wanted to colour cod my motor so i took them the code and got 4 cans made up! I sprayed my splash guard at the bottom of my windscreen and its the wrong frigging shade! £10 a can and they wont take the other 3 back as they cant sell them!!:mad:

Depends where the rust is - if its coming from the inside, it will need cutting out.

If its surface.. then its not such a big job.

Focus ST

I had mine done by a professional last summer, but couldnt afford to get it cut out so just went for the rub down and tidy up. The guy said that it was only a matter of time before it reappeared and he was right - It looked smart for a while but now the rust is starting to come through again. It didnt cost much at all and I think it was worth it because it would look a hell of a lot worse by now if id left it altogether. Saving for a proper job now though......

Well it is just on the surface - ill risk it with halfords i think - so long as the chart is correct then it shouldnt be a prob - a mate of mine did a similar thing on his fester and it was ok. Just sanded it down, filled it and painted it. Shame its gonna look w**k for a while but........ How much is then paint and stuff then fellas? Any special things that im gonna need? appart from a spot of luck!