ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rusting / bubbling window (door) seal - 182

182 FF
have had a good search for this, but can't find any threads about rust in this particular spot. We've had our 182 for about 4 months now, and have just started to notice on the passenger side door, there is some bubbling under the seal to the window.

Just wondered if anyone else had this problem, and how they remedied. Will we need to remove the seal, clean up and replace with a new one, or will it require more extensive work?

Any advice welcome - can get a pic if needed to help remedy!

Clio 2.0 172
My mate had this on his 2.0 megane coupe. He said it was corrosion of the door under the seal. Happened to his car on both doors though. Not much help on a remedy I know,just another experience of it

Clio 182 + Recaros
I haven't got this problem with my 182 however I wa under the impression that it will have a 12 year anti corrosion warranty. Other forum users may be more informative on this point.

The only other thing I was going to ask is has the door ever been repaired, its sounds like such a strange place to rust.

Hope you get it sorted.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's only the plasticy seal that's rusting tho yeah?

They have a metal innard to keep them solid, just needs replacing mate. Aren't that expensive but a bi'tch to fit as the are soild.

182 FF
thanks for the advice. That's interesting about a potential 12 year anti-corrosion warranty - think might give the renault garage a call and see if they can help.

Good news if it's just the metal innard of the seal, atleast the whole door isn't on the way out!

Oh and if your looking for your anti-corrosion warranty, then your car must have been serviced at a Renault dealer at the exact times they specify.