ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RX-7

mk2 172

how do you reckon my car would fair against one, or should i say how far behind would i lag????

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Which one?!

The newer type as seen in TFATF or the older 80s style one?

The newer ones are fookin quick, but even the old ones are still rapid.

Mazda RX-7:

Model Year - 1992
Power - 237bhp
0-60 - 6.0secs
1/4 Mile - 14.6secs @ ?mph

The newer one is even quicker!

mk2 172

it was that one rich, just raced one ya see, i set off on orange(cheating i know) so he quickly followed, sounded nice btw, i was still infront till i grabbed fourth at 80 when he came past so upto 80 he would have only had a small advantage really to be honest, we started slowing down when i was at 90, gave eachother a wave and got on ourway, a good sporting drag race, just the way i like it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Aye, they are quite nippy!

Those new shape ones are *very* quick though, but I aint got the stats handy...

the new one is special, a really strange engine that isnt traditional 4 or 6 cylinder, its rotary, i dont understand the concept fully, but they have also got a blower to make it all a bit livley, and that the engine is used alot in single seater racing,

if its a new one your best bet is to race over a long distance and he will run out of fuel as they only do 8-10 to the gallon when pushed, very thirsty but very quick and unique,

nice jap crap

S2000

Ive been in a twin turbo RX7, it really was a beast!

Rev counter went to something crazy like 10000RPM!!!!

CTR EK9 turbo

Raced one off the line, he got ahead (went on orange and rear wheel drive) and i stuck to his bumper upto 45, where we stopped.