ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RX8 photoshoot - Tronix Explorer XT SE test

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Well decided to give my Tronix Explorer XT SE power pack a go today and shoot my REX, so it was good bye speedlites and hello studio lights. i desperately need to get some new triggers as mine are shite.
anyways here are the pics, only got a couple as the weather and security ment i didnt get long to shoot.

5108161563_35c8efe44a_b.jpg

5108758338_ffbe09777b_b.jpg

5108162159_df00e10344_b.jpg

cheers
James

Cupra
Looking good. Didn't realise you had changed cars!

I got an Tronix powerpack with my lights but haven't used it yet. How many flashes can you get (and at what wattage?).

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i was using 2 x 180w lights but could do with some more powerfull lights for outdoor stuff, not really what the limit is to the lights you can use (if you go brighter you might be only able to use 1 light per battery pack) - i picked mine up off ebay for £100, they are normally £390

blab from warehouse express:
it uses a 24V power source and it is rated at 350 watts continuous power, 1200 watts peak power and recommended up to 2400ws. Equipped with two 12V, 7Ah sealed lead acid batteries and efficient circuit design that generates almost a thousand full power pops for 300ws flash units.

Cupra
I'll have to find a good excuse to take mine out sometime to try it. Just out of curiosity, do you have a shot that was just using natural light with no flash? I'd love to see the difference the flash makes to a shot.

Cheers, Andy

Oil Burner
Looking good mate, Also liking the car.

On the first and last shot have you taken out a lot of reflections/highlights as the colour is looking quite matt.