ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sachs Paddle Clutch

R5 GTT & R19 16v
I know sachs do paddle clutches, but im after the part number for one which will fit my 1.8 16v turbo which will take loads of torque. Do not want to pay for double plated clutch as these are a bit far out of my price range. Any help would be great, or if you have a suggested clutch which will be ideal for my car that would also be great. Cheers

R5 GTT & R19 16v
The reason for being sachs is i get them for cost price at my company. what sort of prices for the alcon and Helix, was looking at the Alcon ones and they seem very good and great for what im after.

R5 GTT & R19 16v
If you could find out prices on both and let me know that would be great.
Person who is doing the conversion said he can get the paddle clutches for around £200 ill find out tonight what clutch he is talking about there.

R5 GTT & R19 16v
I work in the IT department of the company, its only when i get time i can go find out but its my first day back from a two week holiday and was very hectic sorting things out. It would be easy just to say order that but if nobody knows im going to have to speak to the parts people and get them to speak to Sachs.

never used or touch 5gt's so cant say.

Cant see any reason why a well spec'd clutch would be crap, just choose the one thats correct for your application.

R5 GTT & R19 16v
The renault 5 clutch is the same used in the clio and renault 19 16v, and i believe the same possibly in the the clio 172

R5 GTT & R19 16v
Im using the 172 gearbox. But putting it on the 16v lump, could i use either, is there a better 215mm clutch for it?

R5 GTT & R19 16v
i've only got Helix prices to hand, alcon i'll have to check tomorrow

Any news on prices for these two clutches? found the Sachs clutch to be a bit expensive, comes to just over 300 quid for a torsion damper sintered plate, which can only take 280 NM. But saying that its expensive working out pricing for all the 3 items on some internet companies its comes to just over 600 which is not including delivery, crazy prices for a clutch really.