ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SACHS SUSPENSION

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Hello everyone

I know its abit late for a reply, my plan was to just get coilovers (vmaxx :eek:) but since then i have always wanted sachs/trophy set up for my cup packed 182

My question is i hear they are awesome etc but are they really that good? after people opions and thoughts or advice on the matter

If anyone with a trophy wants to take me out for quick trip you would be a star and repaid in beer tokens, but i wont hold my breathe ;)

cheers stef

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I thought mine were awesome, and it turned out I had the wrong springs fitted lol.

But I've only driven on cup and Ktec suspension before so not in a great position to review them. They will definitely be an improvement over Vmaxx though ;)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
cheers jenic for the reply yeah im just running my cup packed dampers and sportlines at the mo (along with whiteline arb) im just wondering if they really are worth the step up and how much better they will be over what i have now :)

Way better than 182 Cup suspension, I've just fitted some to my Trophy (temporarily) and it feels dangerous! Proper squishy. I've had Vmaxx too and they are really bouncy. Can't wait for my Sachs to be refurbed!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've got some in the forsale section that wont be expensive to refurb ;) no scored shafts etc.

I think I'm in one of the best positions to comment.

I've had nearly every suspension set up fitted to a clio that you would ever think about for the road.

Eibach sportlines
Apex springs
raceland coils
Vmaxx Coils
Gaz Coils
Bilstein Coils
Sachs dampers on my trophy 007

For the road, you will not get a better set up than the sachs dampers, I can hand on heart say out of all of the clios that I've driven, or been passenger in, the sachs dampers are in a league of their own.

You may get something better for the road, but expect to pay £2000 plus

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
That's cool mate, like I say one of them is pretty much as it should be, the other has less pressure in so I'd get them checked over and refurbed before I used them

heres one side

017-1.jpg

And the other

016-1.jpg

Looking at their condition etc regarding surface rust, I'm confident the claimed 24-25k miles from the previous owner is correct :)

There isnt any signs of leaking though, they've been in a shed for a couple of years so not sure if that's the reason why one has gone soft, all i know is I havent driven them on a car in their current state, I wouldnt incase it damaged the shafts

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
they do look in good nick fella, and i am more swayed towards grabbing some sachs not in huge rush to get them fitted as i would need to pick up some sachs rears is that correct or some koni adjustables?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
they do look in good nick fella, and i am more swayed towards grabbing some sachs not in huge rush to get them fitted as i would need to pick up some sachs rears is that correct or some koni adjustables?

Just get the koni adustables.

Nick (the chap who you'd be collecting from for £130 no doubt), has some for sale as well.