ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sad times, the RB is dead :(

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
proper right off :(

sad to see it like that.

on fault - sounds as if the other bloke was 100% at fault. Stopped at junction turning right, misjudgement of your speed and bang. unless of course he had a filter green and you ran a red.

Clio 182 + Recaros
Looks like a heavy impact. I really feel for you - hopefully you can find another car that will provide you with as much enjoyment as the RB. Good Luck with the insurance.

Subaru 330s
I don't see how swerving cost me anything, my insurance have said she will claim from the blokes insurance as he has caused the accident

If someone has turned accross your path they're more than likely going to be fully liable. The only time you get problems with claims regarding traffic lights is if one party is saying the other's light was on stop

This isnt the case, and the guy failed to give way to oncoming traffic, you should get all your costs back so dont worry too much

Yer there were no filter lights or anything, the lights were on green, the only issue is that as I went across the lines they turned to amber.
People keep saying that he will be fully liable as he's just turned straight across me, but I have a feeling he will be telling a different story, both of the other drivers were stood talking for ages before the police arrived, I may be being paranoid but probably deciding what they were going to say?! After all I very much doubt the lady in the mazda could see anything anyway, but everyone stereotypes my car....loud and "chav" looking, she's young so lets blame her kind of thing! Plus she was so rude to me at the time, I was sat in my car in bits and she turned around and said dont you think you ought to move your car out the road?? I was just in disbelief! I hope it's not going to be a ballache to sort as I have had enough of that before!!

Listerine & Poledo
ouch.

well, there's the clio insurance multiplier increased again. I agree that RS's get a bad rep among the motoring public, some of it's justified (as many threads on here show), but for many it's just not on.

So long as you're alright, that's the main thing and don't worry, there's plenty more 1x2's out there.

"Don't you think you ought to move your car...."
What, with the front end smashed to pieces, you gonna pull a crane out of your ass then? :mad:

Evo 8 MR
I don't see how swerving cost me anything, my insurance have said she will claim from the blokes insurance as he has caused the accident

I'm only going off what you've written but it sounds to me that by swerving you've involved another party and therefore you will be lucky if you get away without taking some liability. I'm no expert though, just going off past experience, it's a royal PITA but I've learned the hard way, if in doubt, just slam the anchors on, that's it.

The amount of threads on here I read about people swerving to avoid someone who's cut them up etc. By doing so you could potentially hit another vehicle/structure/pedestrian and the other driver has got off scott free. All of a sudden you're the idiot who seemlessly swerved and belted something out of the blue.

Last edited:
I'm only going off what you've written but it sounds to me that by swerving you've involved another party and therefore you will be lucky if you get away without taking some liability.
This is what I was thinking.

Look at it this way, if you had swerved and missed the first car but hit the 2nd you would be fully liable.

Subaru 330s
I'm only going off what you've written but it sounds to me that by swerving you've involved another party and therefore you will be lucky if you get away without taking some liability. I'm no expert though, just going off past experience, it's a royal PITA but I've learned the hard way, if in doubt, just slam the anchors on, that's it.

The amount of threads on here I read about people swerving to avoid someone who's cut them up etc. By doing so you could potentially hit another vehicle/structure/pedestrian and the other driver has got off scott free.

Well, no because I have already been told that he has crossed my path, therefore causing the accident and my reaction to swerve, she will claim from him, I've been told that from my insurance, my brokers and accident management company I have spoken to, I cant imagine their wrong, I can see what your saying but to be honest it happened so quick it wasn't like I had time to coinsider what to do, I swerved in the hope I would miss him, not even being able to see there was a car behind him. And given the amount of damage caused i'm kind of glad I did swerve or I think I would have been seriosuly hurt.

Evo 8 MR
Well, no because I have already been told that he has crossed my path, therefore causing the accident and my reaction to swerve, she will claim from him, I've been told that from my insurance, my brokers and accident management company I have spoken to, I cant imagine their wrong, I can see what your saying but to be honest it happened so quick it wasn't like I had time to coinsider what to do, I swerved in the hope I would miss him, not even being able to see there was a car behind him. And given the amount of damage caused i'm kind of glad I did swerve or I think I would have been seriosuly hurt.

I know your initial reaction is to try and avoid it, I've done it too, especially when you've spent x amount of money on your pride and joy but look at it this way, on your driving test yeah, for an emergency stop, they don't say turn here or there, it's a case of planting that brake pedal as fast as you can.

If you get off 100% out of liability then consider yourself lucky imo.

Your insurance will back you up to a point. Despite what you/the other parties say, the insurance companies will make a decision based on money. They'd much rather pay out a few grand than go to court over something so small. You/they choosing to accept liability is a moot point. I had a crash and the woman I hit refused to accept liability, her insurance company just ignored her and paid out anyway.

From what you've said, it sounds like you thought the lights might change, stuck your foot down and just made it (depending on whether you're telling the truth about amber or not) and they guy obviously misjudged your speed and thought he'd get in front of you and failed.

Unless they can prove you jumped a light, then it's going in your favour. The bloke/woman might think you're young/going fast/inexperienced etc and wont want to admit any fault, but it's not up to them. The insurers look at the facts and pay out.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Gutted for you Laura, I know how I'd be if that happened to either of ours. At least your Ok.

I hope you can get it all sorted, Insurance companies have this annoying habbit of rollin over and giving up when it starts to look a little grey. Ive been hit twice (Neither where my fault in the slightest) and it eneded up costing me something. Do you have any witnesses?

Subaru 330s
Your insurance will back you up to a point. Despite what you/the other parties say, the insurance companies will make a decision based on money. They'd much rather pay out a few grand than go to court over something so small. You/they choosing to accept liability is a moot point. I had a crash and the woman I hit refused to accept liability, her insurance company just ignored her and paid out anyway.

From what you've said, it sounds like you thought the lights might change, stuck your foot down and just made it (depending on whether you're telling the truth about amber or not) and they guy obviously misjudged your speed and thought he'd get in front of you and failed.

Unless they can prove you jumped a light, then it's going in your favour. The bloke/woman might think you're young/going fast/inexperienced etc and wont want to admit any fault, but it's not up to them. The insurers look at the facts and pay out.

Sorry, but were you there? No! So don't speculate on what you THINK happened! That is not the case and I do not appreciate having to read it, maybe im over-reacting a little but when you have to deal with this kind of crap numerous times, because people think they can get away with lying and pointing the blame at someone else, I had 2 incidents last year, both not my fault that took over a year to resolve because they were trying to lie, I do not want to have to deal with it again, especially when someone elses mistake, carelessness or whatever has cost me my car!
I'm not having a go I just don't appreciate speculation, i'm still massively upset about the whole thing, so it's not a nice thing to read

Did he say why he pulled out? People don't just drive into oncoming traffic. If he says he didn't see you then you have nothing to worry about.

Subaru 330s
No I didn't speak to him or the other driver, the police took statements off everyone though

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
All i can say, NOOOO! not an rb182, look mint too.
But dont people always try not to say its their fault, thats what i've been told, i've never had a crash yet tho.
Bad times tho, you thought of what to get next then?

No I didn't speak to him or the other driver, the police took statements off everyone though
Why wouldn't you speak with someone that has just caused youto write your car off? Surely the first thing you do is ask them why they pulled out? Strange IMO.

clio 182
glad your alrite , bit of a mess !!

i rolled my 182 2 months ago , and got another one within 2 weeks , sooooo glad i did . would really be regreting it if i hadn't ..

and still feel 95 ish .. lol

Subaru 330s
Why wouldn't you speak with someone that has just caused youto write your car off? Surely the first thing you do is ask them why they pulled out? Strange IMO.

Because it was a pretty nasty accident, i've never experienced anything like that before, I was in tears and I could barely get my words out, I rang my Mum when it happened and stayed in the car, I don't know what I was doing, I was in a mess!

Subaru 330s
All i can say, NOOOO! not an rb182, look mint too.
But dont people always try not to say its their fault, thats what i've been told, i've never had a crash yet tho.
Bad times tho, you thought of what to get next then?

I have been looking at an R32, I was tempted by another 182 but I don't know if it will be the same, which is a shame as OZ Racing have just offered to replace my 4 wheels as the lacquer was flaking off them! Gutted! I am gona ring them though and see what they will do about the one that is now damaged, if they dont want to replace it then thats still 3 new ones, so hopefully I can sell them on.

More poke than viagr
Jeesus Lora, im so sorry to see this, glad your okay though.

Where did this happen?

Hope everything gets sorted for you as it was a lovely car :(

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
thatll T-cut out ;)

out of interest,
is that a national speed limit road?!

because that is a LOT of damage?!
perhaps the people were conspiring and saying you were speeding,
most people think because a car is loud, it must have been going fast!!

hope your ok, and have got to the doctors with any injuries already!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
What was the outcome?

Do feel for the owner, but i'm intrigued as to what the outcome is - it'll be a Write-off, simple as that... but having dealt with people in similar circumstances, i'm not shocked you were speechless.

Evo 8 FQ300
Ahhh Lora that suks chic i hope u get ur insurance pay out very soon chin up hun just focus on your side of what happened and start lookin out for a new motor xx glad ur ok.

thatll T-cut out ;)

out of interest,
is that a national speed limit road?!

because that is a LOT of damage?!
perhaps the people were conspiring and saying you were speeding,
most people think because a car is loud, it must have been going fast!!

hope your ok, and have got to the doctors with any injuries already!

Bunkum. You could cause that damage or more at 20mph if you hit an oncoming car. People need to wise up with regards to what will happen if they crash. If she'd had an impact like that at 60mph there's a good chance she'd never have posted this thread. One more time for those at the back - cars are TIN CANS. Yes, even modern ones. They hold up well in low speed impacts, but at high speed, they fold up, crush you, and pop your insides out all over the road. So basically, that wasn't an especially high speed impact. Where do you think the energy goes? You don't just bounce off.

Subaru 330s
Yer the 182 felt like it was made out of cheese, the front wings flex when you cleaned them so that's never a good sign, although I suppose they are meant to be crumple zones or whatever.
Still driving a courtesy car round golf gt tdi, so its ok, miss the RB though :( no news at all on insurance, I am going to chase them up next week, as they now have all my documents and paperwork and what not, it is a write off, just waiting on pay out which I hope will be soon, as I just want to buy my own car now! But yer 2 months on now nearly so they are taking their time.

Black Gold Clio 182
Your doing well, they usually take the courtesy car back as soon as they decide its a write off. Buggers.

See if you can buy it back, might be worth it for splitting rest of the car.

Subaru 330s
Yer I want to buy it back as I have a few expensive bits on there that I want back! They have said I can keep the courtesy car until a week after I get the payout which gives it time to go into my account

fez

Clio 182 cup
that must be costing a fortune in rental for that golf good going!! r32 is a winning choice

182 ff
really sad when they tell you its a write off , my 172 cup had only a dink in the roof and a broken wishbone, 9 months old it was ? its now back on the road for someone else

so did u get scene by the paramedics ? whiplash claim ?
and why do u wanna buy that back ??? whats so valuable inside ?

main thing is glad ur ok , and like others have said it will be down to him to prove he wasnt in the wrong not you , so dont worry.

it wont be dealt with quickly thou trust me

let us know what u get next or the outcome

S4 Avant
Yer I want to buy it back as I have a few expensive bits on there that I want back! They have said I can keep the courtesy car until a week after I get the payout which gives it time to go into my account

Please don't buy it back!

Even if there are expensive bits on it, you have to pay for the whole car, not just the parts you want.