ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sadev 6 speed Box...

GSXR 600
Does anyone know if you have to have special drive shafts for the sequential box??

Been offered a cheapish box, but no driveshafts...

cheers Tony

Lionel Richie
yep, but GKN can knock you up custom ones for £180 each

how much for the box out of interest??? and do they have another one???

Thats a bargin price I'd buy it for that price. There quite expensive so even if you have to have it serviced and new shafts you can sell your old ones and box to offset the price.

Tony,

service will cost you closer to £1000 i would expect.

£2500 is a bargain.

if it is a UK clio cup racer box, it isn't quite as much of a bargain, as the 2nd version of the box (as run in europe) is much better.

/y0z

GSXR 600
y0z2a said:
if it is a UK clio cup racer box, it isn't quite as much of a bargain, as the 2nd version of the box (as run in europe) is much better.

/y0z

its from europe mate...

anything I need to check before buying??

Later versions of the box have a cannister thing you can remove to change the gear ratios's easily.

Yes you need different driveshafts, and theyre not cheap.

We get all our proper lobro joints and shafts from SWR.

We're also having problems setting it up well, although if you arn't intending to run it and flat shift then you should beable to use the clutch and have no problems.

tony, that looks like a bit of a dog the shifter shouldn't be like that, where has it been stored. I think you could find yourself with a big expense there. You need a fitting kit - shifter, plate and rod (which has to go through the bulkhead - if you weren't aware.

SWR is the guy to speak to, but they are NOT cheap - Sadev boxes in the UK cup cars come out of there with about a £1200 minimum service charge. £750 + parts & VAT IIRC.

Shafts - very expensive too.

/y0z

y0z2a said:
tony, that looks like a bit of a dog the shifter shouldn't be like that, where has it been stored. I think you could find yourself with a big expense there. You need a fitting kit - shifter, plate and rod (which has to go through the bulkhead - if you weren't aware.

SWR is the guy to speak to, but they are NOT cheap - Sadev boxes in the UK cup cars come out of there with about a £1200 minimum service charge. £750 + parts & VAT IIRC.

Shafts - very expensive too.

/y0z

Through the bulkhead?

Fred2001Dynamic said:
yep, but GKN can knock you up custom ones for £180 each

how much for the box out of interest??? and do they have another one???

Who is GKN, thats slightly cheaper than we get them at.

Been looking for places that can make some up for us as they tend to break quite a bit

Lionel Richie
GKN are the OE supplier to renault for all their driveshafts

GKN UK is based in birmingham, they'll knock you up shafts for £180 each