ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sadev STDSA

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sometimes I get interesting stuff to look at, so thought I’d share some pics of what a sadev clicky box looks like on the inside.
880D5506-8776-4250-80B1-645CA5373263.jpeg
Diff being stripped for a rebuild here.
2E2FC439-19E3-49CB-B11C-17152E7199BA.jpeg
Selector worm
D200B942-66F2-4DC2-84B6-D89355392B35.jpeg

5th gear

Enjoy! @Nathan Evans 😎

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just Gears, shafts, nuts and bolts [emoji849][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
😂😂
There was always horror stories of these costing a bomb to rebuild and needing regular rebuilds is this the case?
Parts are expensive for them, but as for regular rebuilds I couldn’t say. No doubt will find out when it’s in use though.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I have one of these in my ex cup race car , in the 8 years or so I've had it , it hasn't cost a fortune to run , probably spent a few grand on it but it has done a lot of rallies.
The biggest bill I had with it was when I had it rebuilt, had a couple of gears changed, and the next rally a tooth came completely off one of the new gears and dropped into the CW&P and completely knackered it , and Sadev wouldn't take responsibility for it .
Apart from that it's been a good reliable box , and great to use , really makes the car

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car

There is a company in France making parts for them now as Sadev had stopped doing them , but now Sadev have started doing spares again so the boxes get to live on !

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup

There is a company in France making parts for them now as Sadev had stopped doing them , but now Sadev have started doing spares again so the boxes get to live on !

10 weeks for delivery though through sadev. I’ve ordered sadev parts but trying to buy something off KR for the time being isn’t easy. Still waiting for him to give me the price with shipping

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Diff plates worn and selector hub for 6th showing signs of wear. All the rest is in good order though

I had my diff plates changed , caerwent is a killer event for that with all the 90 degree bends , there's a small round plate under the gearbox that has a selector pin , and material from the diff plates dropping to the bottom of the box makes it stick , happened to me on caerwent and it wouldn't change gear , phone steve from SWR and he said to remove it and clean it , it fixed the problem, and we do this after every event now and it's never happened again