ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safety Mode & Emissions Light!!! HELP

Hi

Basically whilst driving home from work on Friday my car decided to go into safety mode, so I pulled over, turned the engine off then back on again and the car was fine. It was the box in the middle of the dash with the heartbeat looking line in it that came on. :dapprove:

On saturday looked underneath the car everything looks fine, all lambda sensors are plugged in and not loose everything is fitted up fine.

Over the weekend it has been feeling a bit "wobbly" and hesitant around 3K revs, like it is struggling to go and then decides to go?! So goes realy sluggish and then is fine. Mainly in 2nd and 3rd gear it does this.

Driving to work this morning it goes into safety mode again, this time with the emissions light in the bottom right hand corner of the dash. So once again pull over and re-start the car and it is fine. However this time the emmisions light is now still on and won't go off, and the car feel's even more hesitant around 3k. Limped it into work and a bit worried to drive it now.

Any ideas on what might be causing the above to happen? Hopefully someone on here may have an idea so that I don't have to go to get it on the diagnostics machine as that isn't cheap at my local Renault!

Thanks

Adam

A ANIMAL
Thank you, what's the best way to clean them, as I know they are quite costly to replace!

Yeah, get some WD40 in there. I did that about 2 years ago to mine and its been fine since. if its still showing you can get them for pennies from breakers yards.