ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

BMW E46 330i Touring
As a noob to Android, I'm not sure I'd get the benefit of the 'pure' Android experience as I'd have nothing to compare it to.

That aside, and the fact that the other phones will get ICS next year, the tech specs aren't exactly groundbreaking. I prefer the design over the GS2 though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I wouldn't want anything other than a pure build. The other builds are janky.

Touch wiz is like someone doing a s**t impression of iOS and Sense is bloatware these days when you consider the stock ICS build does most of the nice stuff sense has to offer.

182FF with cup packs
I wouldn't want anything other than a pure build. The other builds are janky.

Touch wiz is like someone doing a s**t impression of iOS and Sense is bloatware these days when you consider the stock ICS build does most of the nice stuff sense has to offer.

Damn Straight. First thing I did with my SII was to rip touchwiz off it and get it as close to stock as possible. Now I've got Cyanogen on it, it's great.

182FF with cup packs
Its a shame you can't just bang a vanilla ICS build on.

I know. I'm tempted to flog my SII and get myself a Nexus Galaxy just for ICS. Though I might just wait a couple of weeks as the ICS ASOP code was released the other day, so I'm sure that someone'll have it running soon enough. Cyanogen won't be to long either, they're on it now apparently, and reckon it'll take about 2 months for the first release candidate.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Nexus Prime for me 2 I reckon - HTD HD2 did OK but Android is calling...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Played with one tonight. Wow. Very impressed.

The camera is rubbish, ICS is very very good indeed.

Fiesta ST-2
I know. I'm tempted to flog my SII and get myself a Nexus Galaxy just for ICS. Though I might just wait a couple of weeks as the ICS ASOP code was released the other day, so I'm sure that someone'll have it running soon enough. Cyanogen won't be to long either, they're on it now apparently, and reckon it'll take about 2 months for the first release candidate.

The whole 2 months thing keeps getting misquoted, all they said was ask them about it again in a few months time.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Quite an odd launch, just allowing one P4U site to sell it. I imagine a lot more stores will have it tomorrow.

Hopefully O2 can give me a decent upgrade next week. People are suggesting that their retentions team are offering the phone for free on £37/month contracts.

182FF with cup packs
The whole 2 months thing keeps getting misquoted, all they said was ask them about it again in a few months time.

I dunno, this sounds pretty much like they're getting on with it: "And we're off. Check back in 2 months :) #cm9 #ics." (that was from Cyanogen himself).

Hopefully the SII will get one of the early builds considering Samsung sent the Cyanogenmod team a bunch of SII's.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If this is bigger than the new Glaxy they're having a bubble bath!

I struggled to hold the Galaxy in one hand ffs, felt more comfotable holding an iPad 1!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
But it wont look like the ICS on a Nexus. Hopefully you can tweak it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd hold off getting the Nexus for the minute - there's quite a significant software problem affecting some handsets where, web in a '2G' (EDGE, GPRS) area the phone mutes itself and can't be adjusted.

Does look awesome in the flesh though. Big but very, very sexy.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I've had the Nexus for a couple of weeks. Great phone, very slick and fast. Only downside is some apps are buggy that worked fine on 2.3 so I'm awaiting updates.

Everything else is spot on though, very happy with it, especially the screen.

Rav4
running ICS on my nexus S and it's sweeeeet

I wonder what the performance with ICS is like between the Nexus Prime and Nexus S.

I am still with my iPhone4, so looking to get either of those, the good thing is the Nexus S is £200 now.

Adams_16v = you had any more issues with any other apps? How has your battery been?

I've had the Nexus for a couple of weeks. Great phone, very slick and fast. Only downside is some apps are buggy that worked fine on 2.3 so I'm awaiting updates.

Everything else is spot on though, very happy with it, especially the screen.

I was thinking about getting it but it just seemed too big?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
It is big, but bigger is better IMO (within reason). Carrying it around doesnt feel any different to my old Desire really. and side by side the iPhone 4 screen looks rubbish. It really does blow it out the water. Depends what you need it for though I suppose, I like a bit screen and do a lot of work on my phone as well as watch tv etc, so its nice.

As for the apps, all apps I use have now been updated and work great. Phone is so slick and smooth and you can multitask very easily.

I dropped mine and it slid across the concrete screen down. Luckily not a single scratch, but 3 corners have chunks missing grrrr. Insurance time I think hehe!

It is big, but bigger is better IMO (within reason). Carrying it around doesnt feel any different to my old Desire really. and side by side the iPhone 4 screen looks rubbish. It really does blow it out the water. Depends what you need it for though I suppose, I like a bit screen and do a lot of work on my phone as well as watch tv etc, so its nice.

As for the apps, all apps I use have now been updated and work great. Phone is so slick and smooth and you can multitask very easily.

I dropped mine and it slid across the concrete screen down. Luckily not a single scratch, but 3 corners have chunks missing grrrr. Insurance time I think hehe!

Not too different to the Desire? Might have to give it a look!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
well its a fair bit bigger. But it didn't feel like a had a lot bigger phone in my pocket. That's what I meant. I'd say the screen is about the biggest you could use comfortably though without having to struggle to reach the top when using it with one hand.

ICS is the best OS I have ever used on a phone though by a long shot. I was a big Apple fan, and I can say it pisses all over iOS IMO.

Rav4
Even though you say you where a big apple fan I can't remember if you had an iPhone or not, if you had a 4 before then I guess it's all clear :)

I've ordered one sim free, was contemplating the nexus s but better go with the latest I guess and selling my iPhone 4 on Friday to a colleague.

Let's hope this is the right choice, £510 is a lot of money, can't believe I am spending more than a 4s!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I don't think you'll be disappointed mate, but yes it is a lot of money. I got mine on contract. If you changed your mind, then you would still get top dollar for it anyway.

I had a 3 for 3 years. I know its not comparable, but I have access to and have used an iPhone 4 plenty of times. :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Using my Mrs' iphone4 after having my Nexus for a month or so is a real shock. I can't believe I used to be happy with a screen so small!

I need to really customise my Nexus more but I'm happy so far. Only thing that irks me is that predictive and autocorrective text doesn't work on standard forum reply boxes. I'm not a fan of Tapatalk really either.

Rav4
Ah excellent, thanks for everyone's input.

Nexus ordered, should get it tomorrow, iPhone sold tomorrow.

I did have a Desire S a little while back for a week, could not get on with it, and the Wildfire S's we have at work, I set them up, but not the biggest fan, hopefully this will be nice.

:)

Had a play with my brothers over xmas, great phone and nice features in ICS. Just the size of it that puts me off. I don't watch many vids and I'm happy with the size of my desire or an iphone. Suppose I'd get used to it if I had one though.

Using my Mrs' iphone4 after having my Nexus for a month or so is a real shock. I can't believe I used to be happy with a screen so small!

This is the thing, it seems massive at first, but then once you're used to it, anything else seems too small.

Same as when you got your first big tv. 'Ooooh this is massive, should have got smaller' and when you look for an upgrade, you want bigger.