ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 and android newb

Hello all,
I have recently moved from IPhone 4 to the samsung but I am a totally new to all this.
Would it be possible for someone to point write me or show me a total idiots guide to flashing the firmware to UK stock? It is currently onT mobile Germany.

I have been on xda forums but it seems very advanced for me and lists frankenstein firmwares?

Also it would be great to list some good apps and tips to get me up and running, like some personalisation, backgrounds profiles and the like.

TIA

Sd

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Out of interest how do you find the s2 in comparison to the iphone? Sorry i cant be of any help with your question though.

Dan

Polo + Micra
i take it this is the thread on xda that you was looking at.

ignore the frankenstein firmware and go for a genuine one

seems fairly easy, just find out the firmware info, download generic one for your model

then follow the instructions under flashing firmware with odin

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
so simple to do. download the latest firmware from above link, open Odin on your PC, add the file you downloaded and extracted as a PDA, boot your phone into download mode and job done

Hello,

I managed to de-brand my phone with the UK samsung generic firmware via Odin. Very simple after you have done it once.

So my next question is what are the killer apps? What are the widgets to have? Wthat are the best themes? what do I NEED on this phone? What have you?

I have the usual whats app and facebook. I have seen some very good minimalistic themes which look amazing? So everyone get your android phones out and show me the way!

I am liking this phone.

You can taylor it to how you want tyour phone. Now Im on the hunt for great apps. Need a good football result app etc.....

Fiesta ST-2
I'd recommend getting the litening rom from XDA, doesn't wipe anything and is faster/better battery/nice theme. Easy to flash with Odin. You can also download 'Go Launcher EX' from the market for free and apply themes with that also and other cool effects...

Fiesta ST-2
Out of interest how do you find the s2 in comparison to the iphone? Sorry i cant be of any help with your question though.

Dan

Its great, better spec obviously... but what I do sometimes miss is the simplicity of the Iphones. The amount of stuff you can do on android is overwhelming at times. Like overclocking, undervolting, many different roms/kernels, Chainfire 3D plugins which let you play Nvidia Tegra chip games on other andriod devices, loads of different launchers/widgets.

I'd recommend getting the litening rom from XDA, doesn't wipe anything and is faster/better battery/nice theme. Easy to flash with Odin. You can also download 'Go Launcher EX' from the market for free and apply themes with that also and other cool effects...

This may be an option. Lets see how I get on.

This phone is like a breath of fresh air from the Iphone 4. Working well with my Samsung TV 'All Share' too. Still fining new and great things with this phone and not lining apples pockets!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

i use litening rom 5.0 at the moment with ninphetamine kernel. the phone flies!

Mk3 clio 1.5
Ive currently got the galaxy s, shortly got this before s2 was released :( its a cracking phone, but just to let you know. Rooting the phone will void your warrenty and most network providers wont repair the phone is theres a fault. but most things are still capable without doing this. im using a ps1 emulator wthout rooting, works great :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Girlfriend got this phone on Tuesday, its awesome. So easy to use, cant wait to get mine next month

Dan

Fiesta ST-2
Ive currently got the galaxy s, shortly got this before s2 was released :( its a cracking phone, but just to let you know. Rooting the phone will void your warrenty and most network providers wont repair the phone is theres a fault. but most things are still capable without doing this. im using a ps1 emulator wthout rooting, works great :)

You can revert back to standard and use a usb jib to zero the flash counter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Im on Litening Rom V5.0 right now. I can not see any real changes up until now but have not played with the phone much.

What are you people using for football results?

Im on Litening Rom V5.0 right now. I can not see any real changes up until now but have not played with the phone much.

What are you people using for football results?

Seems like Litening Rom has not been updated for a while? What Roms are you people using?

182FF with cup packs
You can revert back to standard and use a usb jib to zero the flash counter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Also, they CAN refuse to repair under warranty, but they usually don't.

I've rooted several Desires at work that we've had replaced due to screens dying or similar.

I actually had my screen replaced on my Nexus One by HTC. Not only was it bootloader unlocked and rooted it was running custom firmware (Cyanogen), they not only fixed it up for me, it came back with a re-locked bootloader, but still rooted :).