ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung tablet help

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This piece of s**t is really annoying me.

My mam got the above for Christmas I've been googling for the past 10 mins trying to work out how to send a text... Which is apparently possible: apps > messaging > done.

But I do that, go into apps and there's no messaging option. So I check the App Store, takes forever to load then brings up no messaging option.

It's prompting me to download an app which has to be on her samsung phone and the tablet, but she doesn't want that.

any help?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
is the the 3g version? i dont think it will send texts unless it the 3g version (i.e. takes a sim card)

FF RB 182
This piece of s**t is really annoying me.

My mam got the above for Christmas I've been googling for the past 10 mins trying to work out how to send a text... Which is apparently possible: apps > messaging > done.

But I do that, go into apps and there's no messaging option. So I check the App Store, takes forever to load then brings up no messaging option.

It's prompting me to download an app which has to be on her samsung phone and the tablet, but she doesn't want that.

any help?

uhhh why not?

To link the S4 to the samsung smart watch you have to download additional software onto the S4, so i'm guessing you'd have to download software to both devices to get them to link together.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
is the the 3g version? i dont think it will send texts unless it the 3g version (i.e. takes a sim card)

Seems to to just be wifi, that helps though cheers

uhhh why not?

To link the S4 to the samsung smart watch you have to download additional software onto the S4, so i'm guessing you'd have to download software to both devices to get them to link together.

storage, clutter etc. But it seems like shell have to get that app. Cheers :)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
WiFi only... Pretty sure messaging is only for the phone network mate.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
why not just install the link software on the phone?! I don't imagine it would clutter up anything tbh, have you tried it?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
But android doesn't have imessage. It doesn't even have a direct equivalent so why would you expect to be able to send a text from a device that doesn't have a carrier when you can't send texts from an apple device either?

Clio 172mk2
if shes on o2 you can use there app to send and receive texts, duno if other networks have this

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
But android doesn't have imessage. It doesn't even have a direct equivalent so why would you expect to be able to send a text from a device that doesn't have a carrier when you can't send texts from an apple device either?

I don't know my samsung/android, so I just assumed as a competitor to Apple, they'd have a competitor to imessage.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
But now Samsung's version has one up on apple because it can send texts...

Surely apple being a direct competitor to android you'd think they'd have an equivalent on their end? ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm saying that the WiFi version of the Samsung can send texts by adding that app as can the 3G version. Only the 3G version of an iPad can send texts. Surely apple being the greatness that they are should also be doing this?