ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sand Blasting

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Today my mate let me use his sand blasting booth and i have never be so dirty in my life.
Even with all the safety wear and protective clothing it looked like i had been down the mines for a week.

Anyway i managed to do 2 182 top inlets and the engine host bracket.

Just needing them powder coated.

Going to be doing one in silver for my engine and the other one might go black as i will be selling it anyway.

TrophyProgress013.gif

TrophyProgress014.gif

TrophyProgress015.gif

TrophyProgress016.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Pic of the wheels?

They where 13" steel wheels off a mini or morris minor or something.

Never bothered taking pictures of them, Going back to his to do some more smaller engine stuff.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I thought about buying a sand blaster setup the other day, always people wanting stuff done.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its not a 10min job like i first thought and its hard work, dirty and very hot.

The stuff gets everywhere, My mate just has a room with a few stands, one sand / shot blasting hose and an air line for the mask. The room is crazy dusty and thats with the extract fans on.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I was just looking at the contained type that you put your hands into (with gloves) that's big enough to do say 18" wheels and car parts

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
I was just looking at the contained type that you put your hands into (with gloves) that's big enough to do say 18" wheels and car parts

Use those every now and again, same results as above, just as easily and without getting messy.

Put it on a wire wheel afterwards, it'll come up lovely.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My mate does everything from alloys, bike frames to radiators and benches so the room is the ideal to fit the stuff in.

My inlets took me 10/15 mins and the reason being is i never took a new film off the mask so was doing it blind LOL :eek: