ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sandwich plates cooler and gauges

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Hi. Some help please

I’ve bought a Mocal gauge plate to run a racetech dual oil temp and pressure gauge in the Clio. I already have a thermostatic oil cooler sandwich plate fitted to the engine.

Can I just fit the new gauge plate in front or behind the oil cooler sandwich plate with another filter adaptor?
Any problems with 2 take offs plates then the filter?
Or should I just bin that idea and get a oil cooler/gauge take off plate in one sandwich plate?

Any help/experience greatly received.
Cheers

I do indeed have one.

I personally wouldn't run two sandwich plates stacked together but I know others who have without any issues (as far as I'm aware). It's just one more failure point and not essential.

Torques do a sandwich plate with two take offs for a gauge. So you get an in/out for the oil cooler lines as normal, and then a take off for oil temp and another take off for oil pressure.

The only issue with this, is you wont get a thermostatic plate with take offs in one unit, You'd have to try and get one made, and if it's even possible, space would be tight. Good thing about having an oil gauge though, you know when the oil is up to temp so not having a thermosatic plate isn't an issue really.

I've been running one on my track car for years now without any issues.

dan's cast offs.
I wouldn't run a sandwich plate without a stat in, you run the risk of overcooling your oil.

For a temp sender ideally in the sump.

Worst case a bit of tape on the cooler or a ally cover like I have for winter and it's fine. Gets up to temp very quick.

A thermostatic plate is always open anyway isnt it? All be it a tiny amount.

Otherwise you'd get huge pressure drop as soon as it openened.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I wouldn't run a sandwich plate without a stat in, you run the risk of overcooling your oil.

For a temp sender ideally in the sump.

This!!

I run two sandwich plates. A mocal stat one and a torques plate for the sensor take off.

There’s no real risk other than a leak. I’d much rather have the 2 stacked then run one with out a leak and I’d only run a mocal stat plate.

I’ve personally never had a issue and I really work the engine hard, when it was running lol

63FE49F2-FFA7-4F1F-BEDE-57AEA3486D7A.jpeg