ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sandy-Bridge / Ivy-Bridge users

Overclocks. Whats everyone running at the moment? Currently sat at 4.5Ghz with my 3570k. I'd like to hit that magic 5Ghz but it seems like a bit hit and miss with the Ivy-bridge due to Intels poor IHS solution, plus i can't get my head around the z77 voltage controls at the moment.

Yaris Hybrid
Think my Sandy was 4.8 and my Ivy was 4.6.

Both stable with air cooling and running well within acceptable temps.

To be honest I run at stock pretty much all the time. In most games it is only worth a few fps versus stock so I didn't see the point.

I did originally have a H100 on the Ivy which ran a few centigrade cooler than the air cooling system I use now but had horrendous fan and pump noise. You could change the fans but the pump issue was more of a pain to fix so I just ripped it out.

Runs super cool and quiet at stock with air cooling and no real noticeable performance loss with what I do (only intensive stuff is gaming) so not worth it tbh.

Bumder With A Buffer
I too have the 3570k.

I have never really looked into overclocking though. What would I gain from it?

Bumder With A Buffer
Any decent guides to look at/read up on?? I have a tool with my GigaByte Mobo that can automatically do an overclock but Im gonna guess it wont be as good as doing it manually??

F82 M4
I'm going to give Overclocking a bash, currently rocking an i7 2700k and heard it's pretty good for OC'ing. I also have a 212 Evo cooler so should be able to get 4.5ghz smoothly. :)

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^ Thats why im thinking I can get a good speed out of mine as I have the same cooler. IT doesn't get above 30 odd degrees at the minute playing FarCry 3

Bumder With A Buffer
So I decided to have a proper sit down and try to overclock my 3570K.

Got it running fine currently as 4.5Ghz with a voltage of 1.195. Seems stable running prime95 (I shall run it tonight for 24 hours when I get home). All I changed was the multiplier from 35 to 45 (actually went to 42 first and it was stable so upped it). Changed my vcore to manual and put that at 1.200volts and it was stable, albeit my temps were around 70-75. So backed it down 0.05v and temps dont go above 60 ish degrees under load.

Is that good??

Bumder With A Buffer
I assume by decreasing the voltage and seeing if things are still stable would lower temps even more (maybe of course)

Bumder With A Buffer
Hokay cool il play more tonight.

I thought it was going to be difficult but it appears rather easy to overclock actually.

Evo 5 RS
It's actually so easy with some of the BIOS these days that it makes it quite difficult to get a better than reasonable OC if that makes sense. You actually HAVE to read the manual to wade through the massive amounts of auto tune crap that do you no favours.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Had my old 2500k on 4.9Ghz my current 3770k is sitting on 4.8ghz, both were under the same customer water setup.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
I7 3770k @4.40Ghz, would easily go more, but comfortable at 4.4, idle's in the 20c's and hits in the high 60s on prime stress test, Running at 1.17v, I could lower the V and run stable at 4.4...but i'm lazy.

Last edited: