ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod (Saturday)

Notorious said:
Whats the surface like at pod lads? Gonna get down there soon....

Yeah was really good considering it wasnt sunny at all. Most of the day was very overcast with slight rain here and there. (Saturday)

I had well grippy starts as the video shows, the saxo couldnt seem to get off the line tho :S

Golf GTI Ed30
There was a black Mk2 Clio 172 (Think) Turbo there yesterday running high 13's @ 102mph-ish..
I had to settle for a 14.0 twice in the LCR..Damit!! Those 13's will come...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Vtec Abuser said:
There was a black Mk2 Clio 172 (Think) Turbo there yesterday running high 13's @ 102mph-ish..

lol You will get there took me about 120 runs to get mine!;)

r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
so urs is already up and running now then matt, hope to see you at the pod soon mate, be nice to have a look at your beast in the flesh ;)

ITB'd GDI Original?
Vtec Abuser said:

Did it have a private plate mate?

I'm hoping to get on the strip in the next couple of weeks probably after FCS, 13's here i come :) , can't wait.

J

jamesy

looked like a good day some well tasty cars the naples valver and lambo being the bestLOL:D

Golf GTI Ed30
lucky said:
Did it have a private plate mate?

I'm hoping to get on the strip in the next couple of weeks probably after FCS, 13's here i come :) , can't wait.
Not to sure fella.. I saw it as I was walking in along the bank.. It black and quick and that's about all I can tell ya i'm afraid..

Golf GTI Ed30
Notorious said:
lol You will get there took me about 120 runs to get mine!;)
LOL.. Yeah, it will happen. First time I run it, I got a 14.2, then second time 14.1, then third time 14.0.. So next time.....

ITB'd GDI Original?
Vtec Abuser said:
Not to sure fella.. I saw it as I was walking in along the bank.. It black and quick and that's about all I can tell ya i'm afraid..

Was it on std 172 wheels but painted black? Soz for being a pain, could be my local rival tho :D

MERCEDES CLS AMG
There was a fantastic standard looking R5 there running 12.0 flat @ 115 - amazing stuff. Had a good talk to the owner who said it had about £5000k of engine mods. He had 240bhp. He was getting 1.8 0-60 foot times which is outstanding for a fwd car !!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Vtec Abuser said:

Think he means Flan or Me

MERCEDES CLS AMG
steve r5 gtt said:
so urs is already up and running now then matt, hope to see you at the pod soon mate, be nice to have a look at your beast in the flesh ;)

It is pal.....after a lot of messing its spot on. Its taken 12 months of tinkering but to have a reliable 400hp 1.8 engine does - its a case of patience and money. I have yet to fit Mickey thompson racing slicks and my 75hp NOS kit which should propel me into the 11,s, but im gonna run it in first till about august - aiming for an 11.5 @ 130 by the end of 2006.

Nippy white cup
If it was a Black 172 with anth wheels then it was a lad called Mark (has a private plate) and he was running the usual mods but with 70bhp nos kit....Sound lad from North East somewhere....

Chris

MATT BLACK said:
There was a fantastic standard looking R5 there running 12.0 flat @ 115 - amazing stuff. Had a good talk to the owner who said it had about £5000k of engine mods. He had 240bhp. He was getting 1.8 0-60 foot times which is outstanding for a fwd car !!
yeah he's a member off the rtoc, spent out a little on it but dont tink hes far from finished with it yet tbh lol

MATT BLACK said:
It is pal.....after a lot of messing its spot on. Its taken 12 months of tinkering but to have a reliable 400hp 1.8 engine does - its a case of patience and money. I have yet to fit Mickey thompson racing slicks and my 75hp NOS kit which should propel me into the 11,s, but im gonna run it in first till about august - aiming for an 11.5 @ 130 by the end of 2006.
well ill be running mine again in the next few months so will see what diffrence the couple of upgrades ive done make, will have to let me know when ur goin up next even iy not runnin as will be good to meet up mate ;)