ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod scruteneering

Its gonna be the same as york i assume? I dont have the part that holds the battery to the tray but York said because i have a carbon bonnet it didnt matter. Should i get this addressed before the RTOC day?

[Edited by clean16v on 28 June 2005 at 6:38pm]

there is no scrutineering at santa pod

the only time you need a helmet, is through choice, or if you have a terminal of 100mph+

its basically, run what ya brung, in the lightest form

BMW 320d Sport

No scrutineering at Santa Pod, although no doubt if your car was falling to bits on the line then theyd pull you out. They are always hot on keeping your windows up though. Apart from that its more the driver that they do the checks on, not the car.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Will be weird running without a helmet.......looking forward to it though, never been to pod before.

I took my RT on the edzell strip in scotland as that happens to be the closest thing to me.

Anyway they didnt seem to hot on checking anything, no helmet required, when i went to sign for runs i wasnt even asked for my license which i read you do require.

I think they generally dont allow rear passangers but they didnt seem to mind us going in the back of a friends nissan 200sx.

Of course an RT isnt exactly helmet materal. :p

Quote: Originally posted by PsYch0 on 29 June 2005
I took my RT on the edzell strip in scotland as that happens to be the closest thing to me.

Anyway they didnt seem to hot on checking anything, no helmet required, when i went to sign for runs i wasnt even asked for my license which i read you do require.

I think they generally dont allow rear passangers but they didnt seem to mind us going in the back of a friends nissan 200sx.

Of course an RT isnt exactly helmet materal. :p

Why would you want passengers when you are trying to get a quick quarter mile time :confused:

ah he wasnt trying for a quick time when we were in the car obviously, just for fun.

But yeah i agree you wouldn generall want passengers if going for a quick time.

EVO VII

the only time you need to wear a helmet at santa pod is when you havent got a roof :) i.e converables.

just make sure your windows are up, and dont bother doing a burnout in the water at the start if you have road tyres. its pointless IMO ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

^^^haha!....do people still do that with their remoulds?!....it was like that last time i went. a bloke in a 1.6 Orion blew his offside front tire off before the run! cretin.

--chris