ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat Nav problems

Disastra Coupe
Hi folks,

I've had a search and not come up with much. My mum's TomTom refuses to get GPS signal in my car, only occasionally will it work and even then it's temperamental. My Uncle came round with his iPhone 3GS which is jail broken today and that had perfect GPS signal (TomTom app) outside the car, got in the car and signal went.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the blue tint on the windscreen but not sure? Anybody able to help? It's annoying tbf as last year (2012 now yo!) me and a friend went to a meeting in Milton Keynes and i ended up turning the Sat Nav off and finding my own way!

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Tried placing it where the little square cut-out is at the bottom of the middle of the windscreen? I don't have any signal issues, but then I put mine pretty close to that spot in the screen?

Does sound like its faulty.
Tried it in another car, to check if its actually related to the car or the unit itself?

Is it still in warranty? I'd give tomtom an email.