ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat Nav. which one?

Black 172 MK2
iv just got a new job and i need to get a Sat Nav as there is lots of driving involoved. iv been looking around and iv seen a navman520 for £190 iv also looked at the tomtoms but im just not sure what to get.

help me please!

Black 172 MK2
ollzie - details? link?

also what are the big differences between the models as i was trying to read the box's in halfords today but just got confused.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Tomtom One is entry Level then right through starting @ 300 > 910 as far as I know, there's not a massive difference between them apart from screen size, bluetooth, international maps and phone calling functions etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Buy either the TomTom One, 510, 710 or 910 as they all use the far superior SiRF Star III GPS chipset, which is also useable through heat reflective windscreens, in comparison to the older models which often require the use of an external antenna.

Clio 182
sneeks said:
Buy either the TomTom One, 510, 710 or 910 as they all use the far superior SiRF Star III GPS chipset, which is also useable through heat reflective windscreens, in comparison to the older models which often require the use of an external antenna.

Yeah it is useable through the 182 windscreen but I'm not convinced after playing with mine today that it is perfect, I had to put it in the middle as it wasn't picking up a signal on the right. Will have to play with it more to know I guess. I've got the TT 510.

i have a garmin i3 which is brill for the money as i paid 99quid, but my brother has a tomtom as that is so much better but it cost alot more.. :approve: the fuctions a so more advance aswell. avoid this, options etc

TomTom One and the 300 are fairy similar, battery is slightly better on the 300, but you're only going to use it in the car with a charger right next to it!

The One has a better chipset for improved signal.

I went for the One, had no problems with it! :D