ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Satnav's, whats good these days

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
after a new satnav, havent bought one for a good many years now since i was last out on the road for work, but those days are long gone.
my old one was a Tom Tom XL Europe, bought about 5/6 years ago, would have still be perfect now, but it just died one day :(

for me, its basic needs are for europe, ease and clear of understanding/route programing, incase the misses does ever need to use it.

i dont want to spend a fortune due to its predicted limited use, so maybe up to £200.

What can you recommend?

Cheers :)

If you're in the UK a majority of the time and either of you own a smart phone - just buy a car mount and use Google Maps and Google Navigation. I'm all over the place and it's genuinelly never let me down.

Europe... I'll get back to you on that one. Back in the day I quietly modified a TomTom 930 and installed all the world maps on it, sadly that's not possible on the newer ones. :(

PH2 Flamer
I recently got the tom tom start 25.

Free lifetime map updates. Nice large screen and easy to use, never had an issue with GPS signals either.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pm Ben lee, he's good with sat navs.

i recently bought a tomtom 400 Europe, line to my iPhone and gives live traffic etc, I like.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I have an Original TomTom that still works, take that one Europe Trips.

Also a TomTom XL with traffic that has got me round epic traffic delays in the past. So happy with them!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Old TomToms FTW

I got a new one a couple of years ago, with the new OS on and it is sooooooo crap. It's slow to navigate, slow to type on, slow to pick up satellites. Should of kept my old TomTom one but I needed european maps.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
TomTom live is a MUST. Worked as a chauffeur for two years, it saved my bacon many times when running tight deadlines.
I use a 1005 Europe. Love it

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Because of this thread been trying the Sygic trail. Very pressed, bit nothing on traffic delays and rerouting, so maybe not for all.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Sygic does have a traffic system and will reroute if any is found, but I don't know who provides the data.

Only avalible in full version? It directed me into a 15 min delay with no mention if the delay or a reroute. And my Tom Tom did, had them side by side!