ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Save Donington/East Mid meet

Bus w**ker
So 17 cars from East Mids and some surrounding areas met up at the Save Donnington event today. Was a good day and we even got some sun. :cool:

Anyway the full set can be found here but here's a few. Nowt amazing, but people moan at me when I don't upload them.

4414887102_6915867dc1_o.jpg

4414841108_4c92b0acdb_o.jpg

4414844114_a389688ea9_o.jpg

4414082007_322c1b7da2_o.jpg

4414889628_437744fec4_o.jpg

4414890450_01b618cf28_o.jpg

4414123505_868f07ba10_o.jpg

Dave88 forgot where he was...NWS (kind of)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Sym0n/20100307-Save-Donny-CS-Meet_Sy_0025.jpg

Sy

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So, early start and I met up with mark for the blast down to Donnington:

dsc_0004.jpg

Once we arrived, we put a bit of a stand together. However it didn't look very good, but more on that one later ;)

dsc_0006.jpg

First disaster of the day, not normal dan had a puncture... Bad times:

dsc_0005.jpg

Bad times and a cost of £18 to fix :(.

More of the version 1 pov spec stand:

dsc_0009.jpg

dsc_0009.jpg

Then an aeroplane attempted to land on our stand:

dsc_0008.jpg

After the plane, Gray arrived (sleeping in until we were ment to be at donnington, Plank!)

dsc_0011.jpg

Chuffed that he managed to make it on time:

dsc_0013.jpg

OH haI! :eek:

dsc_0014.jpg

(full of gays this forum)

A few of our cars:

dsc_0015.jpg

dsc_0016.jpg

Laguna engined clio with a bodykit:

dsc_0019.jpg

Upon leaving his bonnet open, someone from Manchester stole Adams engine :eek:

dsc_0021.jpg

dsc_0022.jpg

Max power esque posing from Gray Motorsport

dsc_0023.jpg

dsc_0025.jpg

dsc_0029.jpg

As we couldn't get the CS banner to stay flat, we had to rig something up - And quick. Luckily with some inginuity from Mark tec & Gray motorsport we came up with this:

dsc_0031.jpg

:cool:

dsc_0035.jpg

My favorite car of the day, this was absolutely epic:

dsc_0041.jpg

dsc_0040.jpg

dsc_0043.jpg

Saw a midget on a micro scooter:

dsc_0046.jpg

dsc_0047.jpg

dsc_0051.jpg

dsc_0052.jpg

dsc_0058.jpg

dsc_0061.jpg

JDM y0

dsc_0064.jpg

We then went into the Donnington market, which was a real waste of time :(

dsc_0068.jpg

dsc_0069.jpg

Most interesting things in there tbh!

Next more cars:

dsc_0078.jpg

dsc_0085.jpg

Dunno who this was:

dsc_0087.jpg

Now here was the state of the track - Really sad. I climbed over the fence to take these ;)

dsc_0090.jpg

dsc_0091.jpg

dsc_0097.jpg

Right, decided to change the stand a little as it was a bit boring. Although it was a limited success, it was a success none the less.

Here is me delagating (badly)

dsc_0099.jpg

At this point my camera was stolen off me which resulted in these shots:

(reminds me of fallout 3 lol)
dsc_0101.jpg

Looking confused trying to organise every one :S

dsc_0103.jpg

Camera raped:
dsc_0105.jpg

dsc_0108.jpg

dsc_0114.jpg

New stand layout :D

dsc_0116.jpg

dsc_0122.jpg

dsc_0127.jpg

dsc_0128.jpg

Finally, the money shot :D

dsc_0130.jpg

good day, nice to put names to faces, thank you for showing up :D

Luke :)

(Rest are here: http://lukebroad.com/gallery/index.php?level=album&id=20 all available high res or RAW)

340i
Good "CS gathering" shame Donnington really didn't feel organised... A load of cars in the car park and some crummy auto jumble :dapprove:

Hopefully the circuit will be up and running again, very sad sight seeing it the way it looks today

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a good meet, I thought about going too, wish I had now!

Some excellent pics too luke, especially like this one:

dsc_0041.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Great pics guys.
PMSL @ actually posting the dwarf pic!

Some of mine:

CS arriving
sIMG_6072.jpg

sIMG_6086.jpg

sIMG_6095.jpg

The caterham boys lined up their colours well ;)
sIMG_6102.jpg

sIMG_6104.jpg

p**n
sIMG_6106.jpg

I quite like gt3s :eek:
sIMG_6112.jpg

sIMG_6136.jpg

sIMG_6138.jpg

One for the mk3 boys
sIMG_6116.jpg

sIMG_6121.jpg

sIMG_6140.jpg

No other way of getting them all in shot :D
sIMG_6148.jpg

sIMG_6151.jpg

Some japery
sIMG_6160.jpg

beans
sIMG_6161.jpg

Megane r26
must say was a good cs meet but donnington organisation was a bit of a let down. Oh an i actually managed to haggle them down to 15 quid to repair me puncture lol first time in 4 years that i have took any of my cars to a garage!

Clio 182
Pmsl at posting the guy on the scooter!! We saw him..wtf! Anyway, great pictures!! I took about 3 on my phone, so not going to post those as they are crap. :)

Clio 182
Luke, thanks for takin the pic of me driving I look a right muppet! :eek: Didn't realise it was you til I had gone past was wayyy busy!

340i
Ace pics. Lefty: Sweeeeet.

4414889628_437744fec4_o.jpg

Me, Simon and Addz pounced on them as we walked around the cars..

"WOOAAHH Simon, look 12'o clock"

"Hiiiiiya girlz, photographer.. can we get some of you two please"

"aww yeeeeaahhh oook, where do you want us" :eek: hmmm where indeed..

Better than yours. C*nt.
dsc_0047.jpg

Justin, you will buy one. And hopefully be able to take a picture of the whole car, unlike Lukey. x

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Justin, you will buy one. And hopefully be able to take a picture of the whole car, unlike Lukey. x
LOL the TVR stand was really cramped and I only had a 35mm Prime. I was practically sat on a tuscan to take that picture :eek:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Some great shots there. It was a good day even though the organisation was pisch.
I won't bother posting the pics I took because they're pretty crap.

Good meet today! Plenty of interesting cars and had a chat with some good folks too! Shame the circuit is so fooked, but hopefully it'll get sorted out!

Lol we drove over from Nottingham in convoy with a few of them and met a load more at the services. We decided to just gatecrash through the stewards and park with them!

Clio 182ff
I got sum decent pics, will post them later tonight...it was a bit badly organised tbf and the fact that it was advertised free but what 'attractions' they had, were £5 entry - bit cheeky like.

Clio 182
Ay, the organisation wasn't amazing. I turned up after 10, and they said I couldn't park with the CS lot as I was too late. Went to another guy and he let me straight in! But one of the stewards said they only got 'called in' to do the event the day before and he apologised for the organisation. We didn't bother with the Autojumble...

I was impressed with the turn out but the organisation could have made the day so much better.
Good to meet some of you again and others for the first time, will see how many meets I can turn up to before I actually buy a Clio...

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
It looks like the day was good fun, wish I could have maid it!

Just out of intrest do you know how much dept they are in?

Was thinking if all the members chipped in a bit of cash, we could buy it and have our own private cliosport.net track. Free for members to use and we can open it up for trake days to make enough money to pay the costs of running it :approve:.

Nissan 350z
Basically a company called Donnington Leisure Limited or something used to lease the track from the Wheatcroft family. But when they lost the F1 deal they lost funding associated with it and went into administration. So the Wheatcroft now run as well as own the track. Its the Son who is in control now we saw him getting interviewed on camera on the day :)