ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo VTS

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Pulled her out for MOT tomorrow, not used it in over a year so gave her a good clean.

Ordered a new set of plates (replica of original) which I'm still waiting for. I guess I must fit the new side pillar trims and send the cam covers off to be painted when I can be arsed.

IMG_1811.jpg
IMG_1821.jpg
IMG_1823.jpg
IMG_1818.jpg
IMG_1819.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg
IMG_1808.jpg
IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg
IMG_1805.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
120bhp of pure rattling fun.

Cracking cars to chuck down a country lane when standard, bloody dangerous once they were lowered though 😂

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
Love it, nice and bland to which is always a winner when wanting one at an older age! Seen one on eBay go for far more than I expected just recently.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I love it, obviously.

Do you have the paperwork and booklet etc? I have a couple of spares if you don't.
MK2 owners manual, dealer network map, service book & Key card.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Mint! It's only ever going up in value in that condition.

I don't think i've seen a standard Saxo since the 90's, always wanted one as the look to be even more of a bucket than a Clio, given a few mods I imagine they're hilariously terrifying.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Mint! It's only ever going up in value in that condition.

I don't think i've seen a standard Saxo since the 90's, always wanted one as the look to be even more of a bucket than a Clio, given a few mods I imagine they're hilariously terrifying.

Scary car to drive on the limit with hedges and trees about lol.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I love it, obviously.

Do you have the paperwork and booklet etc? I have a couple of spares if you don't.
MK2 owners manual, dealer network map, service book & Key card.

Cheers, got it all.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Cool little car, looks in nice nick too!

These always remind me of my bro-in-law... bloke has his balls in my sisters purse and is completely under the thumb! Back when these were new he wanted a VTS & went on about them for ages saying he was going to get a new one. He went with my sis to the dealer and came back with a Furio (I think it was called?) Turns our he wasn’t allowed the VTS!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Cool little car, looks in nice nick too!

These always remind me of my bro-in-law... bloke has his balls in my sisters purse and is completely under the thumb! Back when these were new he wanted a VTS & went on about them for ages saying he was going to get a new one. He went with my sis to the dealer and came back with a Furio (I think it was called?) Turns our he wasn’t allowed the VTS!
I sold a car to a bloke that was driving something his misses liked and made him get, she then promptly left him, so he was stuck with a little Pokemon car he hated for a year, he then bought my car which was what he wanted in the first place. lol

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
My sister had a brand new one of these as her first car!
It was when they first came out and were offering free insurance, an offer we have never seen again Hahaha.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
My sister had a brand new one of these as her first car!
It was when they first came out and were offering free insurance, an offer we have never seen again Hahaha.

Pretty much the sole reason they sold so many (VTRs).
In 2020 that would be the equivalent of a 200bhp? hot hatch as soon as you've passed your test.

The VTS wasn't a Citroen backed 'free insurance' deal though, it was only the VTR and lesser models.
However the dealers did do something for VTS's on their own. Something about being 21 and not having more than 3 points - they'd give you a decent contribution. I'm sure it was age related.

Even when 12/18 month old VTR's were still on dealer forecourts as approved used cars, the dealers would contribute to the first year premiums. All the marketing hype on the free insurance from Citroen initially, just kept on going. I can't recall if it lasted until the MK2, but they kept the market rolling and the little scrotes in ditches on the MK1's.

Some classics in there. The saxo scandal insurance (Excluding VTS is a couple of minutes in).

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not many of the little things left on the road, 6800 at their peak! Plenty sorn but no doubt shagged.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I used to sell these brand new back in the day! Plus owned a few and had a VTS as a demo, with the alloy fuel cap and quad headlamp conversion 👌fantastic cars were rocket ships back then! Selling VTR’s was like shelling peas. Seem to remember them being £6995 or something like that, free insurance and you could do a stocking deal on PCP with what was then Citroen Eleckt 3! I remember we had the Forte model which was advertised new at like £4999, however if you sold one we made a loss after PDI costs (we had a 1% front end margin on that model) I remember being sent through pack purchase deals by the Citroen rep, basically we could get 10 VTR’s and Desires (the mum model) but would have to take a C5 1.8 petrol (no one wanted) and a Xsara VTR coupe. Unfortunately for me I thought I’d swam the channel in taking the pack deal. Until I found out the Xsara coupe was an old model year without AC or alloy wheels...so basically a really s**t 3dr car! It would’ve still been there now had we not about a year later put a 17” set of wheels on it and stuck it on the front! Luckily a Chesney Hawkes came in and bought the thing!

Oh just remembered, I also had a Xsara VTS. Think it was the same lump as the 306 GTI. About 170hp, and four French armchairs. I thought it was an absolute rocket. It was quicker than my Saxo VTS to be fair..

It’s actually still on Google Maps from circa 2007 😂

7D0BE160-DF85-41DD-A043-70A61A2E4F9F.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Oh just remembered, I also had a Xsara VTS. Think it was the same lump as the 306 GTI. About 170hp, and four French armchairs. I thought it was an absolute rocket. It was quicker than my Saxo VTS to be fair..

It’s actually still on Google Maps from circa 2007 😂

View attachment 1499798
Sebastian Loeb was doing well in them rallying at the time I think. They were proper hard work to sell. Apart from the one I bought in error I don’t think we ever sold one retail!
Icelandic blue that one mind, nice colour!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I do love a Saxo. Would love one now, but I'd ruin it with roll cages and the like.

Xsara VTS was cool too. Can't be many of those left.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Good to see one in standard form, I had a silver W reg VTS as my 3rd car back in 2008