ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scam car for sale?

Clio RS
There’s a Trophy advertised in the for sale section here which uses pictures lifted from this advert in Autotrader. I don’t have privileges to comment on the thread directly but imo it should be taken down by a moderator.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Orrrrrr it's the same car advertised here and on autotrader?

200.gif

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The car in the classified section here says it's in Basingstoke, the one on AutoTrader is supposedly in Leicester.

Could well be that the car for sale on here has been shifted onto a dealer or something.

Last edited:
  Clio RS
The car in the classified section here says it's in Basingstoke, the one on AutoTrader is supposedly in Leicester.

Could well be that the car for sale on here has been shifted onto a dealer or something.
With the same photos?!!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Advert on here was posted 10th, the one on AutoTrader looks to be the 13th?

Arctic 182, GTD
Looks like hes sold it to the garage and forgot to take down his ad. More like human error instead of a scam. They have had that in stock 16days from autotrader details.

Clio RS
Looks like hes sold it to the garage and forgot to take down his ad. More like human error instead of a scam. They have had that in stock 16days from
Maybe they’re selling it on sale or return for him minus the exhaust?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok this makes sense now…looking at the sellers post records on here he used the same pics to post in his thread. He obviously bought the car from Leicester and is perhaps getting the same dealer to offer it on SOR or maybe they took it back in PX. I don’t think there is a scam

Clio RS
Ah ok this makes sense now…looking at the sellers post records on here he used the same pics to post in his thread. He obviously bought the car from Leicester and is perhaps getting the same dealer to offer it on SOR or maybe they took it back in PX. I don’t think there is a scam
I agree on reflection it’s probably not a scam. But I hate scammers and I’ve seen similar ads with lifted photos on FB Marketplace with mobile contact numbers (rather than PM) - from hacked accounts.
Cars are now often bought sight unseen which is an open door for the scam scum.