ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scan a document and edit it in word?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Is there a product that allows you to scan a typed document then edit it in word? For PC based system!

Just do a search for OCR (Optical Character Recognition)

If the document is typed it will scan it in as text you can edit
If it's handwriting then it's a fair bit more difficult

Rav4
Typed document? As in a document that has been written in word, printed and then you want to type on it?

Why you doing that?

There are some OCR products out there, but it's a bit of a hit and miss to be honest.

What is it you are trying to achieve, there might be an alternative?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Typed document? As in a document that has been written in word, printed and then you want to type on it?

Why you doing that?

There are some OCR products out there, but it's a bit of a hit and miss to be honest.

What is it you are trying to achieve, there might be an alternative?

Just have a manual that I want to use for my company but it needs some changes to the documents. CBA typing the whole thing up.

Rav4
It is a manual you wrote? Or a manual from a product? Ah no, you're a estate agent aren't you.

If it's a generic one, I am sure you can find that document online, if not, Adobe pro or similar has OCR, but the quality won't be great.

:)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
It is a manual you wrote? Or a manual from a product? Ah no, you're a estate agent aren't you.

If it's a generic one, I am sure you can find that document online, if not, Adobe pro or similar has OCR, but the quality won't be great.

:)

Its a training manual that I "found"

Cheers mert!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
most scanners come bundled with some OCR software, which will allow you to scan the document and convert it into a word document. As mentioned before, Adobe Acrobat also has built in OCR technology to convert PDF images to text.