ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scanning then amending pages of text question please!

GR7

Shiny red R32
A friend of mine had written an art book some time ago and now wants to update most of the chapters and add new pictures etc and he asked me if I'll help him do it.

Little did I realise that this book has loads of pages and as I have to insert or delete loads of paragraphs and pictures, the page numbers will need changing too! :eek:

I wondered if there is a programme that allows pages of text that's been scanned in, to be altered, otherwise I'm going to have to type every flipping word and as it's a friend, it's not a paid job! :dapprove:

Sorry it's another question, but hope someone may be able to help me! :)

Thanks!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You'll be needing OCR software. Still sounds like an awful lot of work though.

GR7

Shiny red R32
You'll be needing OCR software. Still sounds like an awful lot of work though.
Is there anything I can download to help me please?

It IS A LOT OF WORK and there are some unusual names too... here's a wee bit that I typed yesterday... not the usual names are they?!!!!

Since 1974 The Richard Demarco Gallery has had many dialogues with Holland, mainly with friendships with Dutch Museum Directors such as Rudi Fuchs, of the Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven; Istvan Szenassy, the director of the Zeehuis Museum in Middleberg as well as artists such as Paul Bartels and Piet Dieleman. Now in 1989 at long last the Gallery has found a new home which is as spacious as The Fruitmarket Gallery. It is located in Blackfriars Street, just off Edinburgh’s historic Royal Mile. There the Gallery will have great pleasure in presenting the work of Dutch painters and sculptors, who are virtually unknown in Britain.

The painters range widely in style, subject matter and use of material. They are TOON KUIJPERS, ROB BIRZA, WILLEM BUITENWEG and CHARLES VREULS. STANISLAW LEWKOWICZ makes the art of print-making challenge painting in the degree of dramatic intensity in which he invests his prints made on corrugated perspex. MANEL ESPARBE GASCA is a Spaniard who has chosen to live in Amsterdam for almost two decades. He personifies the historic Dutch – Spanish cultural dialogue. His paintings are very much in the painterly tradition of ROB BIRZA who like him is one of the artists who have achieved a considerable reputation both in Holland and abroad.

JOOST VAN DEN TOORN and JOOST HOEKSTRA would have been at home in the American West Coast funk art world with their capacity to make the most bizarre and unlikely ‘objets d’art’ which can be considered as both sculpture and paintings. Both use “found” objects and materials which could be easily discarded and undervalued. They are content to work on a small and domestic scale.

This is why you always save your source file. ;)

You're going to tell me it was done on a typewriter or pen/paper originally aren't you? :p

Megane Mk4
Daz ... Ahem ;)
GR7 said:
I wondered if there is a programme that allows pages of text that's been scanned in, to be altered,

There is some software that allows any image to be scanned as a document too, and the pro version of Adobe has text/image copy method too iirc.

Failing that .. Looks like a long night awake and the keyboard on the PC is in for a battering :eek:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Omnipage is (from memory) a pretty decent piece of OCR software.

Basically it'll scan and attempt to convert it into "normal text", you'll have to format it and check that there are no mis-conversions.

GR7

Shiny red R32
This is why you always save your source file. ;)

You're going to tell me it was done on a typewriter or pen/paper originally aren't you? :p
Omnipage is (from memory) a pretty decent piece of OCR software.

Basically it'll scan and attempt to convert it into "normal text", you'll have to format it and check that there are no mis-conversions.
I don't mind re-formatting it's all the typing and strangely spelt names I'm not looking forward to... or the time I'm going to spend at the keyboard!

I had nothing to do with the original book and was asked to 'help' with the amended one and little did I know how much work there would be and was told it was 'a bit of typing'!!!