ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scary Knocking noise

RB 197 fatty
help! went out earlier, as i was reversing off the drive and turning the wheel i heard, and felt quite a hard knocking from the front wheel area. and again as i moved off in first. couldnt make it do it again.

stopped at tescos, did my shop, then returned to my car, reversed out the space and again a series of 3 or 4 knocks. then fine the rest of the way home (6miles)

Anyone have any idea what this could be, cant see anything obvious and havnt bashed the wheels or anything silly recently. The only thing that has happened is it had a service last friday!:S

oh poor normy:(

Lots of Alfas
Stick your head out the winow and try and determine if its high up near top of bonnet or low down, could be driveshaft cv joint.

Clio 1.5DCI
Sorry to hijack this thread but Im getting a knocking noise too. Mainly 1st gear driving off or turning the car to the right.
I thought it might be engine mounts as the engine sounds like its about to drop out with the gearbox when changing from gear to about 2k revs.

RB 197 fatty
hmmmm, ok cheers mate will try that. hope its nothing too costly, especially after a service 4 days ago.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
cv joint,money on it, check there ent a greasy substance on them luvly 182 wheels!wouldnt want that!

RB 197 fatty
ok, thanx for the replies people

i have spoke to lots of other people today and they all say CV joint.

Wierd coz i havnt used it since i drove it away from the garage since its service.:S and havnt knocked it or anything.

What everyone reckon i should do? Go back to renault and get them to have a look?

Its done 15,000miles and still has 2 years warranty